Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2017 9:23:06 PM EDT
I went there with the intent of getting some kind of new handgun. I was mostly looking for a CZ P10C, a Beretta APX, an FN 509, a Sig P320, an M&P 2.0 or maybe even a Beretta M9A1 or M9A3. I just wanted something new and exciting to play with. And I was looking for basically anything besides another Glock. I mean I've already got upwards of a dozen of those damn pistols. So the time is right to try something new. Right?

Wanna take a guess on what I came home with?

Yep......

Somehow this just always keeps happening. Every time I go to gun store with the intent of picking up one of the latest and greatest, somehow I always end up bringing home the tried and true instead.  Maybe I am just too invested in Glock magazines, holsters and other accessories for the platform that subconsciously I just can't allow myself to acquire something different.

Anyone else have this same problem?
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, I do the same.  Great choice with the gen3!
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#2]
After many years of trying every platform, I keep coming back to Glock as well. I have a couple of Berettas but the Glocks are hard to beat. There are so many things you can change about them and you know they are going to work right out of the box. I am not knocking other brands as I like many types but the Glock just fits me best.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#3]
OP, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Link Posted: 6/6/2017 9:55:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank God it isn't just me. I was starting to think I wasn't right in the head or something.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 9:55:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had and sold 3 Glock 19's.

I'm going to buy a G19 MOS when I can put together the money.

Link Posted: 6/6/2017 10:12:17 PM EDT
[#6]
As I've matured in my shooting, I've come to desire having fewer platforms with backups over a bunch of platforms with only one example. Good choice.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:21:38 AM EDT
[#7]
For 20 years I was a "Glock Only" guy having owned multiple various models in four different calibers. But, after having problems with two Gen 4 G19s in 2012 I started looking at and buying other brands and models of polymer framed strikers. I finally found a fix for those two Glock 19s and still have them along with three other Glocks. A Glock 43 is my tee shirt and shorts hot weather carry gun.

In the meantime since I started trying others brands and models I've found a number that I like a lot, even better than my Glock 19s. I now have 16 polymer strikers and have bought and sold several others after shooting them for some period of time. There are a number of most excellent polymer strikers that have been introduced in recent years so Glock isn't the only good choice out there anymore.  And I'm looking forward to handling and maybe buying the new CZ compact striker.

Everyone is different. For me, I'm glad I got away from my Glock Only mentality and now enjoy a variety of the polymer framed striker fired style of handguns. But, that's just my personal choice and the choice of others may vary. No one's choice is better than any others.

OP, enjoy your Glocks. I certainly do, but I also enjoy my Walthers, HKs, Sig, FNSs and the other examples of that style handgun. We currently live in a great time to be a handgun shooter in the U.S. as there is such an excellent selection of brands, models and different action styles for a customer to choose from.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:38:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I have 15 Glocks myself but they get boring just shooting Glocks each time I go to the range.  So I have added all kinds of diversity into my pistol collection.  CZ 75\SP-01\P-09, Sig P226/8, HK P7x2, M&P9\9c, 1911x4, MKIII, and a few others but you get the idea.  I am really digging the CZ since I jumped on board.  My SP01 is so much fun to shoot and I can shoot it so fast.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:47:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Glocks are boring

Accurate, reliable, light

I just prefer Berettas and 1911s but the g19 is probably the best all around handgun.

I wish I shot everything else as well
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:07:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glocks are boring

Accurate, reliable, light

I just prefer Berettas and 1911s but the g19 is probably the best all around handgun.

I wish I shot everything else as well
View Quote
You know I almost bought one of the stainless Berettas AIM had but I baulked yet again at getting a 92/M9 type pistol.  I realize Beretta has released G conversions which was one of the huge sticking points for me with the slide safety.  I still am not a fan of the 4x4 feeling grip and the exposed barrel that I always burn my palm on when shooting because of a habit I have .  I have shot well tuned 92 pistol and the trigger can be really tits but I have yet to try the A3 with the different grip.

G19 is a good all around handgun and it is my daily carry it really it a good all around handgun.  It is large enough my big hands can grip it, it is small enough I can conceal it well, it is light enough it does not sag my pants, it shoots really well but the G17 is still my favorite Glock.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:34:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Same problem, but with SIG's.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, let us know how she functions.  If I was getting another Glock I'd be getting a 43 or 42.  I only have a 26 right now.   For some reason I like the smaller ones more than the bigger Glocks.

Do you have a 43 Charging Handle?
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 2:11:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yeah, let us know how she functions.  If I was getting another Glock I'd be getting a 43 or 42.  I only have a 26 right now.   For some reason I like the smaller ones more than the bigger Glocks.

View Quote
Do the 43 the size difference between the 42/43 is very little and the 43 is pretty tits.  After that get a G19 everyone should have at least a G19 or G17.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I carried the Glock 31/33 combo when I did my LE duty, sometimes going to my Glock 32 with the 33 in plainclothes or off duty.

That changed the day I rented and shot a VP9 at the indoor Range/ LGS. I walked out and purchased the VP9 trading in my G31 and G33 for it. Sold my G32 to a fellow retiree. The only glock I have now is a G43 as my BUG or "quick run to the store in summer" gun.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#15]
The first step is..............

Admitting that you have a problem.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I carried the Glock 31/33 combo when I did my LE duty, sometimes going to my Glock 32 with the 33 in plainclothes or off duty.

That changed the day I rented and shot a VP9 at the indoor Range/ LGS. I walked out and purchased the VP9 trading in my G31 and G33 for it. Sold my G32 to a fellow retiree. The only glock I have now is a G43 as my BUG or "quick run to the store in summer" gun.
View Quote
I'm playing both sides of the fence.  I also agree with this post.  While I still love my Glocks, the VP9 has displaced them as my primary guns.  First time I handled/shot one, I was hooked.  Timing was perfect, so I grabbed these when PSA had them for $450 shipped.  One for carry, one for range, one for nightstand.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 5:55:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm playing both sides of the fence.  I also agree with this post.  While I still love my Glocks, the VP9 has displaced them as my primary guns.  First time I handled/shot one, I was hooked.  Timing was perfect, so I grabbed these when PSA had them for $450 shipped.  One for carry, one for range, one for nightstand.
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s146/variseal/3%20VP9s_zps3ewy9ogv.jpg
View Quote
Good looking trio of VPs. I have two of them. One is a black LE version with night sights which I use part time as a carry gun during jacket/coat weather and the second one is an FDE standard version for the range.

Superb examples of a polymer framed striker fired handgun.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:30:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I went there with the intent of getting some kind of new handgun. I was mostly looking for a CZ P10C, a Beretta APX, an FN 509, a Sig P320, an M&P 2.0 or maybe even a Beretta M9A1 or M9A3. I just wanted something new and exciting to play with. And I was looking for basically anything besides another Glock. I mean I've already got upwards of a dozen of those damn pistols. So the time is right to try something new. Right?
View Quote

Went to the store the other day with the same thought in mind.  Actually couldn't find a CZ P10C to fondle so things are on hold but my list looks strikingly (pun intended?) similar to yours.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Did this exact same thing Saturday.  I went to several shops, even one about 30 miles away looking off a CZ P10c or the FN 509.....came home with another G19 with Ameriglo sites already installed.  Glad I'm in good company though.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 1:58:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I fully intend to purchase half of the Glocks eventually. Next on the list are G19, G43 and G36.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 2:03:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I am a sig/hk guy myself but a g19 is always the right answer!
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I have never understood the Glock hate on this site.

I have a 43, 26, 17 and 20. I plan to sneak the 43 into the old age home when it comes to that.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 6:33:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
As I've matured in my shooting, I've come to desire having fewer platforms with backups over a bunch of platforms with only one example. Good choice.
View Quote
Was going to post the same thing.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#24]
I honestly hate Glock but I keep coming back to the g19.

I've owned a p10c, 3 p320c (most accurate striker gun ever for me) and a p07. All of them were ok but none of them carry like a g19. However I didn't shoot the p10c because the trigger didn't work for me.

I still wish S&W would make a g19 sized m&p.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Thats a shame. Theres alot of other great shooting dependable guns with a soul out there....
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 10:25:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Thats a shame. Theres alot of other great shooting dependable guns with a soul out there....
View Quote
Hard for some people to see that when they live with Glock blinders on.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I have 15 Glocks myself but they get boring just shooting Glocks each time I go to the range.  So I have added all kinds of diversity into my pistol collection.  CZ 75\SP-01\P-09, Sig P226/8, HK P7x2, M&P9\9c, 1911x4, MKIII, and a few others but you get the idea.  I am really digging the CZ since I jumped on board.  My SP01 is so much fun to shoot and I can shoot it so fast.
View Quote
Variety is the spice of life.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:42:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thus far function has been 100% and I am really digging the trigger on this pistol. For whatever reason, this particular pistol seems to have the most crisp trigger break and best reset of all my Glocks. I am really curious to see if it can get even better with use.

As for the Glock 43, no, I haven't bought one of those yet and I'm not sure I ever will. I ended up buying a Smith and Wesson Shield 9mm about a year and a half ago and it serves as my ultra compact carry gun and BUG. While the trigger isn't quite up to the standards of a typical Glock trigger, it isn't terrible and I shoot it pretty well for such a small pistol. I don't have anything against the Glock 43 and could have easily elected to go with one of those instead of the Shield. But at the time I made my purchase, the Shield had been around long enough to establish a good track record and that was important to me. I also found the Shield to fit my hand much better than the 43 does. The 43 just seems too small in comparison. I can actually get a decent grip on the Shield, even with the shorter 7 round magazine. I have debated getting a G43 too just to see if I can grow into it, but I'll probably just stick with the Shield. My preference is for duty size handguns and I just don't want to start down the trail of buying multiple ultra compact pistols. One is enough. And the Shield has proven to be a very reliable and accurate little pistol.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:20:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
I am not totally faithful to the Glock platform. I also have a mistress I am quite fond of that is about as different as you can get from the Glock. That is the Beretta 92FS. I've got a pair of those...one Italian and one American made that I just love. Despite being large handguns they just feel so perfect. I love the way the grip feels. I love how smooth they cycle. And the triggers are just superb. I am not normally a fan of DA/SA handguns, but the Beretta is definitely an exception. They are fantastic pistols that I shoot as well as anything. And when you get right down to the truth of the matter, I actually probably like them MORE than I do my Glocks overall. They seem to be every bit as reliable while being more refined and I love the large ammunition capacity the Mec-Gar AFC 18 and 20 round magazines offer. One of those Berettas would likely assume the role of nightstand pistol if only they had a rail for attaching a light. That is why I am keeping my eyes open for an M9A1, a 92A1 or an M9A3, but somehow I never seem to have any luck finding those in shops, only the plain Jane 92FS models.

That said, I still find the Glocks hard to beat for a daily carry gun. A G19 size pistol is just about perfect for the role. They conceal well with just about any mode of dress. There are more accessories readily available for the Glock 17 and 19 than any other handguns out there, by far. They are simple, durable, reliable and not maintenance intensive. I basically sweat profusely on my carry gun between the months of April and September, yet my Glocks don't rust and corrode, even with nothing more than an occasional wipe down with an oily rag. My spare magazines also regularly get drenched in sweat, which makes me greatly appreciate the polymer outer shell of Glock mags. And of course the Glock is just lighter than steel frame handguns and weight can be an important consideration when you are packing around a pistol all day, every day. The Glock certainly doesn't excel in every aspect. But it seems to score high enough marks in each of the important categories as to be hard to surpass as a daily carry gun. I guess that is why I just keep coming back to them over and over.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:30:13 AM EDT
[#30]
If it ain't something John Wick would carry, ... what's da point?  

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:30:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If it ain't something John Wick would carry, ... what's da point?  

View Quote
You're making a lot of sense right now.  That being said, dropping $2,000 on a Taran 34 isn't something people do lightly.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:21:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I am not totally faithful to the Glock platform. I also have a mistress I am quite fond of that is about as different as you can get from the Glock. That is the Beretta 92FS. I've got a pair of those...one Italian and one American made that I just love. Despite being large handguns they just feel so perfect. I love the way the grip feels. I love how smooth they cycle. And the triggers are just superb. I am not normally a fan of DA/SA handguns, but the Beretta is definitely an exception. They are fantastic pistols that I shoot as well as anything. And when you get right down to the truth of the matter, I actually probably like them MORE than I do my Glocks overall. They seem to be every bit as reliable while being more refined and I love the large ammunition capacity the Mec-Gar AFC 18 and 20 round magazines offer. One of those Berettas would likely assume the role of nightstand pistol if only they had a rail for attaching a light. That is why I am keeping my eyes open for an M9A1, a 92A1 or an M9A3, but somehow I never seem to have any luck finding those in shops, only the plain Jane 92FS models.

That said, I still find the Glocks hard to beat for a daily carry gun. A G19 size pistol is just about perfect for the role. They conceal well with just about any mode of dress. There are more accessories readily available for the Glock 17 and 19 than any other handguns out there, by far. They are simple, durable, reliable and not maintenance intensive. I basically sweat profusely on my carry gun between the months of April and September, yet my Glocks don't rust and corrode, even with nothing more than an occasional wipe down with an oily rag. My spare magazines also regularly get drenched in sweat, which makes me greatly appreciate the polymer outer shell of Glock mags. And of course the Glock is just lighter than steel frame handguns and weight can be an important consideration when you are packing around a pistol all day, every day. The Glock certainly doesn't excel in every aspect. But it seems to score high enough marks in each of the important categories as to be hard to surpass as a daily carry gun. I guess that is why I just keep coming back to them over and over.
View Quote
Interesting. I too have been having temptation to stray from glocks (17, 34, 35) ...mostly to search for a better USPSA limited gun.

So the CZ 75 tactical and P320 x-5 are causing impure thoughts....

But at the end of the day I still have one more GSSF coupon burning a hole in my pocket!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Lately I have the problem of going into a gunshop and finding anything worth buying .  Probably because I have such a large collection already I've got my bases pretty well covered.  Still want to get a CZ of some type as well as a 2011, but that's about it.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:23:28 PM EDT
[#34]
I really like my Gen 3 Glock 19 a lot.

Don't see it going away...

patrick
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I really like my Gen 3 Glock 19 a lot.
Don't see it going away...
View Quote
Trade for a Gen4. Mo' better.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:14:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Thank God it isn't just me. I was starting to think I wasn't right in the head or something.
View Quote
You aren't. But neither are we.

I have 12
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Lately I have the problem of going into a gunshop and finding anything worth buying .  Probably because I have such a large collection already I've got my bases pretty well covered.  Still want to get a CZ of some type as well as a 2011, but that's about it.  
View Quote
I hear you, bro. I get bored seeing the same ol' same ol' on the shelves of my LGSs.

Was hoping some day before I die to see a real by-gawd CZ 10mm 97B, with a 12-15rd mag capacity and Trijicon night-sights, ... ya know, if that ain't asking too much.

But, now, somehow I'm not sure that's going to happen.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:02:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Same problem, but with SIG's.
View Quote
You're not alone. But at least we're not settling.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top