Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2017 11:57:16 AM EDT
Well I got the go ahead from the finance minister to allocate funds to the ministry of defense.  So I drove to my LGS that had 2 P-09s the other day and low and behold they had both still.  Asked the guy if I could see both and I dry fired both and picked the one with the best trigger.  One the trigger stacked considerably more than the one I picked which I think mine maybe was dry fired more who knows who cares I am going to Cajunize it.

Attachment Attached File

And my cajunized SP01 just for eye candy.
Attachment Attached File

Thanks a lot @Maynard you jerk for making me get the hipster CZ addiction I am already on number.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:07:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice! I keep going back and forth on picking one of these up. I'm hoping when the P10 FS comes out it will be the same size as the P09.

AIWB?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:38:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I plan on applying ammo for sure probably tomorrow put about 200-300 rounds through it.  Probably order some CGW stuff next week.  Not sure where I want to go with it but for sure the FO sights.

Also @Maynard I did the hammer upgrade and return spring on my SP01 and the trigger is completely tits.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:20:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Well done!  Love my P09.   I am dying for a SP01 though.  Saving up to get the 09 Cajunized too.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:39:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well done!  Love my P09.   I am dying for a SP01 though.  Saving up to get the 09 Cajunized too.
View Quote
SP01 is one of my favorite pistols even more now that I did a complete Cajun job.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:37:09 PM EDT
[#6]
The *Only* reason I haven't picked up a P-09 and P-07 yet is that I don't want to add another magazine platform to my pile.

Between CZ75b full and compact, BHP, 1911, 10mm 1911, Tanfoglio 10mm, Glock 10mm, Glock 9mm 17/19, Sig P320 and a few others I've got a giant bin o' mags already.

If that P-09/07 used CZ75 mags, I'd own both already.
It's likely i'll end up with both before too long anyhow... friends have em and I love shooting em.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Very nice, need to get one.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone know when the P10 mag compatibility will carry over to the P-09 mags in case they release a full size P10?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 8:27:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anyone know when the P10 mag compatibility will carry over to the P-09 mags in case they release a full size P10?
View Quote
I'm pretty sure they already have a full size on the drawing board, so I wouldn't doubt that it may take place around the same time as the 07 mags fully convert over
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice Cajunized SP-01. I likewise caught the CZ clap from Maynard. That stock black trigger had to go on my SP-01 when I went throught it. I'm much happier with their CZ85 style trigger, the black one kept pinching my finger.

My SAO 9mm is in pieces on the bench getting a flat trigger, Short reset kit, and springs. I may go back for the hammer and sear from Cajun later.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:59:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well I got the go ahead from the finance minister to allocate funds to the ministry of defense.  
View Quote

I'm going to start calling it the ministry of defense just to piss of my girlfriend now

Seriously though I like that pistol alot, fondled one the other day when I was picking up a rifle.  Much want
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm going to start calling it the ministry of defense just to piss of my girlfriend now

Seriously though I like that pistol alot, fondled one the other day when I was picking up a rifle.  Much want
View Quote
She usually just shakes her head and says whatever .... It was funnier when I filled out my 4473 and I told the guy my gender was not listed on the form.  He gave me the oh no puzzled one of those people look.  Then I said could I just write in attack helicopter for my gender?
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:50:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nice Cajunized SP-01. I likewise caught the CZ clap from Maynard. That stock black trigger had to go on my SP-01 when I went throught it. I'm much happier with their CZ85 style trigger, the black one kept pinching my finger.

My SAO 9mm is in pieces on the bench getting a flat trigger, Short reset kit, and springs. I may go back for the hammer and sear from Cajun later.
View Quote
The hammer is worth it I have not changed my sear only cleaned up the machine marks.

I know what you mean about the CZ bug.  I originally wanted a BHP or CZ but after doing research the CZ was way easier to attain a great trigger vs the BHP.  So I bought a 75BD and it was taken away from me by the finance minister so I bought a SP01 for myself.  Then I have always wanted a polymer framed DA/SA pistol and did not want to pay the HK price so the P09 was the logical conclusion since I already liked the CZ pistols and the cost/quality was unparalleled.  Only complaint about them is the midget slide is kind of difficult to grab with my jolly green giant hands sometimes.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure they already have a full size on the drawing board, so I wouldn't doubt that it may take place around the same time as the 07 mags fully convert over
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Convert to what? I missed something. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
The P10c mags are compatible in the P-07 but the current P-07 mags are not compatible with the P10.  The new mags have the red follower.

Geeze P-09 mags are expensive.  Anyone know who has best deal on the 19rd mags?
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 1:58:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I see Greg Cote come up a lot. But yeah, mag prices for the p09 are what keep me from pulling the trigger on one.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 2:06:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The P10c mags are compatible in the P-07 but the current P-07 mags are not compatible with the P10.  The new mags have the red follower.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, this is what I was getting at. The conversion to all mags from both being usable in the P10s with their ambi release
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:53:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yes, this is what I was getting at. The conversion to all mags from both being usable in the P10s with their ambi release
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#19]
CZ's are nice, cajunized CZ's are extraordinary.

ETA: Congrats
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:35:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Somehow I knew it would be a CZ before I even clicked on the thread.    Looks good.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:36:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Somehow I knew it would be a CZ before I even clicked on the thread.    Looks good.
View Quote
For the longest time I wanted a Sphinx but then could never find a SDP full size and aftermarket support sucks for them.  One day I was in San Antonio and had heard @Maynard rave on about CZs for awhile and I always wanted a BHP or similar the CZ 75 fit that with metal frame, double stack 9, and DA\SA.  So the CZ addiction started then the 75 was taken away from me when she fell in love so I bought myself a SP01.  Then the logical course was a polymer framed was needed.  I thought about the Phantom but they are not as easy to find so the P-09 was needed.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:17:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Very nice. Have 5 CZ handguns, will be adding another once the P10c is a bit more readily available. For the record I shoot my P-09 just about as good as the SP-01.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 4:45:35 AM EDT
[#23]
I love that SP-01
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 5:15:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Right on!

It took me some time to warm to the poly CZs but like I said to you in a PM, my P09 is in my "get home" bag for a reason.

Congrats, apply ammo, rinse, repeat!
View Quote
It has taken me a long time to warm up to CZs as a whole. Not sure why, they are excellent pistols I just never took to them for some reason. Now though I find myself wanting a few.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 8:43:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It has taken me a long time to warm up to CZs as a whole. Not sure why, they are excellent pistols I just never took to them for some reason. Now though I find myself wanting a few.
View Quote
Are you really into DA/SA triggers?  Have you tried out a tuned CZ or one that has been shot/worn in?  A tuned or worn in CZ feels way better than a out of the box brand new CZ.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:21:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Are you really into DA/SA triggers?  Have you tried out a tuned CZ or one that has been shot/worn in?  A tuned or worn in CZ feels way better than a out of the box brand new CZ.
View Quote
Yeah, I love my Beretta 92s and I have felt a tuned CZ trigger. No question it is a great pistol. I just haven't been able to get into them. I think it is purely ascetics for me. I am however looking really hard at a 2075 RAMI.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:41:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yeah, I love my Beretta 92s and I have felt a tuned CZ trigger. No question it is a great pistol. I just haven't been able to get into them. I think it is purely ascetics for me. I am however looking really hard at a 2075 RAMI.
View Quote
I am the complete opposite I cannot get into the 92/M9 I have a bias towards that weapon.  I never warmed up to the M9 the grip feels like a 4x4 in my hand and I never liked the exposed barrel.  I have burnt the Hell out of my hand a few times racking a slide on a M9 in my past.  Also the M9 I had had countless problems while others never had an issue.  The trigger on them are fine never been an issue more just design of the weapon itself.  BIL has a 92FS that I tuned the trigger on and it shoots excellent but the grip is maybe I need to shoot an A3.  One thing that might get me to grab on is the release of the G conversion because the safety location is the biggest thing I hated about the M9/92.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I am the complete opposite I cannot get into the 92/M9 I have a bias towards that weapon.  I never warmed up to the M9 the grip feels like a 4x4 in my hand and I never liked the exposed barrel.  I have burnt the Hell out of my hand a few times racking a slide on a M9 in my past.  Also the M9 I had had countless problems while others never had an issue.  The trigger on them are fine never been an issue more just design of the weapon itself.  BIL has a 92FS that I tuned the trigger on and it shoots excellent but the grip is maybe I need to shoot an A3.  One thing that might get me to grab on is the release of the G conversion because the safety location is the biggest thing I hated about the M9/92.
View Quote
You need to get your hands on an A3 or 92 Vertec. That grip is excellent. There is also a company, AGW, that can convert your standard frames 92 into a Vertec frame. Part of the problem you had is you had an M9. The M9's backstrap lacks an radius cut on the backstrap that the other 92 series guns have. That small radius area makes a big deference.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#29]
I totally get the CZ love.  I've never gone down that road before either.  I've never even shot one.  But the times I've fondled them in a store I always thought to myself, oh my that feels really right.   I still don't like the small slide, for gripping though.  But again, never shot one to know if it's really a problem or not.  I know all you guys say it isn't.........

They also seem to have a rep for being very reliable, very accurate, and durable.  What's not to like about that?   As far as the M9 goes, mine is all of those things, but I do think the CZ's FEEL better in the hand.  But the 75 all steel is kind of heavy.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#30]
The midget slide is not really that big of a deal.  The P09\7 it is even less of a deal with the way they cut and contoured the slide.  The 75 vs the SP-01 the SP-01 front cocking serrations definitely helps for me finding a place to grip.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 5:10:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Beautiful!
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 8:37:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Beautiful!
View Quote
More so now.... I Cajuned it out!
Duty pack installed.
Trigger is so much smoother, I polished contact areas and adjusted the trigger bar spring.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 9:10:30 AM EDT
[#33]
This is a great time to be into handguns. There are so many companies out there making aftermarket parts to fine tune your given pistol it is really neat. I remember back in the 90s you had to send your pistol out to places like Cylinder and Slide, pay a bunch of money and wait six to eight months to get work performed that most people are able to now do at home. I'm not saying there are not still reasons to send a gun off, I have a few slides out right now to get modified to accept a dovetail night sight. Stuff like triggers and part swaps though can pretty much be performed by the end user. Nice looking peice you got there OP. I have always liked the look of the CGW hammers.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 9:15:55 AM EDT
[#34]
The P07 is definitely on my list. I just wish the triggers were better out of the box, or at least easy to fix at home.

About what does it cost for a trigger job from cgw? Or at least the parts.

For Berettas it's an 8 dollar dspring and a little polishing of the internals.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 9:17:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This is a great time to be into handguns. There are so many companies out there making aftermarket parts to fine tune your given pistol it is really neat. I remember back in the 90s you had to send your pistol out to places like Cylinder and Slide, pay a bunch of money and wait six to eight months to get work performed that most people are able to now do at home. I'm not saying there are not still reasons to send a gun off, I have a few slides out right now to get modified to accept a dovetail night sight. Stuff like triggers and part swaps though can pretty much be performed by the end user. Nice looking peice you got there OP. I have always liked the look of the CGW hammers.
View Quote
For Berettas? Who are you using?
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 9:34:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

For Berettas? Who are you using?
View Quote
http://www.amerigunusa.com

I might pick up a CZ this weekend. Not sure which one I want though.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 11:00:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The P07 is definitely on my list. I just wish the triggers were better out of the box, or at least easy to fix at home.

About what does it cost for a trigger job from cgw? Or at least the parts.

For Berettas it's an 8 dollar dspring and a little polishing of the internals.
View Quote
Their is several things you can do to the P07/09 trigger without changing parts to improve it.  Bending the trigger bar spring down some taking the heavy tension off the bar helps eliminate the stacking you feel in a stock trigger.  Polishing\cleaning up the trigger bar contact areas helps smoothing.  Swapping the trigger return spring for a lighter one will drop the DA .5#.  Also shooting it several hundred times will smooth it out as well.

The CGW parts kit I got was $224 which included the hammer.  The hammer is not needed to improve the trigger but it does improve it very dramatically for the crisp clean break.  Also adding the parts individually is cheaper than buying the package I found that out tinkering around one night deciding what I wanted to do.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

http://www.amerigunusa.com

I might pick up a CZ this weekend. Not sure which one I want though.
View Quote
Metal or polymer frame?  Decide that first.  Full size or compact?  
If metal SP-01 would be my recommendation for full size.  Standard if you want a safety Tactical if you want a decocker.
P-09/07 for polymer.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 11:12:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Metal or polymer frame?  Decide that first.  Full size or compact?  
If metal SP-01 would be my recommendation for full size.  Standard if you want a safety Tactical if you want a decocker.
P-09/07 for polymer.
View Quote
I am probably going to go with the P07 Compact to start. I am interested to see how it stacks up against my PX4 Compact.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I am probably going to go with the P07 Compact to start. I am interested to see how it stacks up against my PX4 Compact.
View Quote
Do not judge the pistol till you get a few hundred rounds through it.  The trigger changes from what you will feel at the gun store and after it has some miles.  Also bending the trigger bar spring down some helps remove that stacking feeling.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 8:59:47 PM EDT
[#41]
The CZ "P-01 and "SP-01" are my favorite non 1911 semi-auto pistols of all time. I have 3K+ thru my P-01, 1500 thru the Sp-01... and they have polished themselves internally to almost perfection. The SP-01 is a fantastic full sized pistol but doesn't balance quite as well or have the "glove-fit" the P-01 possesses. Both are uber reliable and point almost as well as a flat main spring housing equipped 1911 and carry just as well as my beloved Commander. My point is: with enough trigger pulls and time downrange these CZ's hone themselves to an almost hand tuned status. I can't imagine how nicely tuned a CGW equipped trigger/internal pistol would feel with 5K rounds thru it. I've gotten rid of all but one polymer pistol in favor of all aluminum alloy or steel ones. However, if I were in the market today for a polymer pistol it would most certainly be the P-07 from CZ... as it's about as refined of a polymer from the factory being offered today!
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 11:08:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The CZ "P-01 and "SP-01" are my favorite non 1911 semi-auto pistols of all time. I have 3K+ thru my P-01, 1500 thru the Sp-01... and they have polished themselves internally to almost perfection. The SP-01 is a fantastic full sized pistol but doesn't balance quite as well or have the "glove-fit" the P-01 possesses. Both are uber reliable and point almost as well as a flat main spring housing equipped 1911 and carry just as well as my beloved Commander. My point is: with enough trigger pulls and time downrange these CZ's hone themselves to an almost hand tuned status. I can't imagine how nicely tuned a CGW equipped trigger/internal pistol would feel with 5K rounds thru it. I've gotten rid of all but one polymer pistol in favor of all aluminum alloy or steel ones. However, if I were in the market today for a polymer pistol it would most certainly be the P-07 from CZ... as it's about as refined of a polymer from the factory being offered today!
View Quote
You need to try a CGWed CZ.  I did over all mine and they are totally tits.  I can go so fast with how light and crisp the break is.  I just have to do my part of aligning my sights.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 6:49:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Both my P-01 and SP-01's trigger's are getting sweeter every time I shoot them, and that is often!  It's a blessing to be able to shoot in my own yard
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You need to try a CGWed CZ.  I did over all mine and they are totally tits.  I can go so fast with how light and crisp the break is.  I just have to do my part of aligning my sights.
View Quote
I have! My brother has CGW'd his PCR and it is nice! We replaced the sights with CZ custom tritium's in my basement/shop and it's about as perfect a CCW rig as I can see. I'm a little more favored to my P-01 as it fits my hands like a glove and recoil is barely present. Mag dumps at 10 yards are all in  a line up and down the center line-torso of a B-27 style target. The low bore axis makes this pistol excellent for both gun games and real life.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:43:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Both my P-01 and SP-01's trigger's are getting sweeter every time I shoot them, and that is often!
 It's a blessing to be able to shoot in my own yard
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both my P-01 and SP-01's trigger's are getting sweeter every time I shoot them, and that is often!
 It's a blessing to be able to shoot in my own yard
They polish out so nicely these factory CZ triggers... when the parts all mesh together from just recreational use/training. I have 3500 thru the P-01 now and about 3000 dry fires using AZoom snap caps. That's the nice thing about DA/SA pistols; once they are chambered with snap caps you can simply point it at the floor or wall and pull the trigger until your index finger is fatigued. I have a new dedicated "Woods Pistol" in a heavier caliber now. But the P-01 is with me 90% of the time out in public! Think I'll convert my 97B to SAO and put a Cajun trigger in it though!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top