Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2017 5:47:15 PM EDT
Hi all have a chance to buy a real mk23 with ussocom marking. Checked  all numbers and confirmed that it is one of the few in civilian hands. The only down fall is the price. Just wanted some info from you all. Is it that rare and is it worth an arm and a leg?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi all have a chance to buy a real mk23 with ussocom marking. Checked  all numbers and confirmed that it is one of the few in civilian hands. The only down fall is the price. Just wanted some info from you all. Is it that rare and is it worth an arm and a leg?
View Quote

What's the price?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:26:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Ouch.

Do you really want the gun or do you really want the words engraved on it?

Because you are paying a 8.5K penalty for those words.

Edit: I own a Mk23 marked Mk23... it is my go-to suppressor host for 45. But it is an outdated design and it is the size of a small house. If you want options like lights and lasers and a more common thread pitch, you are better served getting a newer host.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I understand but I like things in my collection that not many others have. Just want to be sure I can find someone like me down the road if I wanted to sell it
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:54:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I would say that unless you got money or an excellent paying job I would pass on that one.
A standard Mark 23 and a bunch other HK's would be my choice if I had 10K to spare.
The Socomm marked gun would be a collectors gun, but not many would know what it is.
For 10K I doubt that its going to gain in value for that price anytime soon.
I think I saw a Socomm about two months ago for 7K or 8K and thought that was a little high.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:43:00 AM EDT
[#6]
i have a hard time imagining you're gonna find someone down the road that wants to spend 10k on that gun.

unless you can find some precident for that value hard pass
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:18:14 AM EDT
[#7]
For that money buy a PSG1 and a regular MK23.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:37:28 AM EDT
[#8]
At that price it is a complete and utter rip off.  2K is the highest you should ever pay for a MK23 anything beyond that you are getting surprise sexed big time.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:17:44 PM EDT
[#9]
10k is as far down the road as I would expect that to get.
But it's just money.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#10]
not worth it unless super rich.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:30:52 AM EDT
[#11]
For the price of a transferable? No way.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:32:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I am happy with my new one for $1800.
Unless you are speculating on additional upside, I wouldn't touch it.
BTW- I was told recently that there was a couple of those for sale in the $3500 range. I didn't pay much attention to the conversation as I wasn't interested in one.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:41:06 AM EDT
[#13]
There were a bunch of those slides and barrels that made it to gunbroker in the last 5 years. If I remember correctly you could buy the slide, the send your Mark 23 with the Mk23 slide to HK and they'd re-assemble the new slide and cover it under warranty.

Are those slides on the rare side? yes. Are there more than a few? Absolutely. I don't think it's a $10k package but it should still have a premium.

HKPro thread on these slides
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top