Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2017 1:04:05 AM EDT
I've been looking for an excuse to get a G34 MOS so I finally picked one up.
I didn't really want to run an optic quite yet because $$$ but I thought it'd be better to have the option than not.
My wallet is a little fatter, and I started looking around to see if anyone made any aftermarket MOS plates and sure enough, Shield Sights makes a low profile mount for the JPOINT.
It sits much lower than a standard MOS plate, co-witnesses with irons easily, and looks like it has been custom fit to the optic (no gaps front or rear).

I'm not really a fan of the Jpoint sight, but the idea behind the MOS mounting plate is pretty damn good.
Why hasn't someone already done this for a Trijicon RMR?
If I had a machine shop I'd be all over it.

If anyone figures out a low-profile RMR MOS plate I'd gladly give you my money.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 2:13:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Subscribed. I'm also interested.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 2:19:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Tag
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag also interested
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 1:28:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Does anybody know a guy at Trijicon?

If they could produce a low-profile mounting plate for around $80 - 100 I bet they'd sell like hot cakes.

I didn't ever plan on running optics on my MOS, but the aftermarket mounting plates are quickly changing my mind.
I'm half tempted to get a JPoint or Shield RMS just so I can use that sweet low profile mount.

I'd much rather use an RMR, but Trijicon needs to figure out an aftermarket mount first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top