Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2017 1:34:40 PM EDT
Is it possible to remove enough metal to mount a Deltapoint Pro directly?
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I would think the MOS plate cut would remove to much material to get the sight to fit tightly.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#2]
That's my expectation but I'm no quitter.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 3:40:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
The Glock MOS design is absolute trash, better off just getting a non-MOS and getting it milled. My feeling is that *IF* you can get the slide tapped for the holes on that particular sight, then plane the factory plate so it's thinner and drill out the threads (if you even need to), you're good to go.  All depends on whether there's any interference within the side where the mounting holes will go with that particular sight though.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#4]
The problem is the only Glocks I want but don't own is a G40. The slide isn't available unfucked.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 4:18:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The problem is the only Glocks I want but don't own is a G40. The slide isn't available unfucked.
View Quote
I stick by my first assessment then.  If you can tap the slide deep enough where the holes through the sight are, you could remove material from the bottom of the MOS plate to make it thinner, remove material from the lip as necessary to get it to sit properly (or just remove it all together), then use the existing holes in the plate and slide as index points, shorten those screws as necessary.

I don't think you could mount directly due to how they cut it with the extractor there, so you'd have to use the MOS plate in some fashion to keep the plane where the sight is mounted above the extractor.  

Other option would be to remove the rear sight and mount it further back, but then you wouldn't have irons.

"Perfection"
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:10:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The Glock MOS design is absolute trash, better off just getting a non-MOS and getting it milled. My feeling is that *IF* you can get the slide tapped for the holes on that particular sight, then plane the factory plate so it's thinner and drill out the threads (if you even need to), you're good to go.  All depends on whether there's any interference within the side where the mounting holes will go with that particular sight though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got (4) MOS models I absolutely love them.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I've got (4) MOS models I absolutely love them.
View Quote
Let me know when your ownership of them fixes the poor mounting design choice so I can also buy a G40, until then, hard pass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top