Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2002 9:56:16 PM EDT
1) What's up with 10mm's? I've never heard anybody badmouth the cartirdge, but can't think of single pistol besides that Cold Delta that was chambered for it.  Any good 10mm's out there?

2)I've, as stated in my HK USP .45 vs Sig p220 thread, been looking for a concealed carry weapon. Preferably in .45.

I've been told the USP .45 cannot be concealed. I'm 6'1", 165 (kinda thin), and always wear loose clothing and a jacket if I can get away with it (9 months out of the year I'm in a jacket). Should the .45 full size not be an option?

Problem is, I CANNOT find a compact .45 that feels right. Only fullsize ones seem to work. The USP .45c felt horrible.

Argh

Advice?
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 4:41:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 5:09:42 AM EDT
[#2]
S&W had the 10xx series and they were great. They crop up fairly regularly on the auctions and GunsAmerica. the ones I've seen lately have been under the $400.00 range so a pretty good deal. S&W still makes the 10mm revolver.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 12:08:29 PM EDT
[#3]
When I was looking to purchase my first pistol, I looked at the Glock 20 (10mm).  Spoke with a few people about it, heard nothing bad.  One guy couldn't say enough good about it (especially in use for plate-shooting competition).

Ended up getting the .45 because of ammo supply issues (not many carriers of the 10mm ammo where I used to live).

But now...

Ed
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 2:57:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I carry my USP 45 quite often concealed here in the lovely sunshine state, as well as my USP 40, and all my other USP's.
You can carry anything you want. Its just a matter of what you are willing to trade off in return, ie- clothing choice, etc,
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:13:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 3:28:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I carry my USP 45 quite often concealed here in the lovely sunshine state, as well as my USP 40, and all my other USP's.
You can carry anything you want. Its just a matter of what you are willing to trade off in return, ie- clothing choice, etc,

Okay.

I think I'll end up getting a HK USP 45 fullsize with Trijicon night sites (probably green on green, that's what a lot of folks said works).

If the full size ends up being way too big, I suppose I can always buy another handgun.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 8:23:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I carry a full size 1911 in 45 in the heat here in Florida...it is possible.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay.

I think I'll end up getting a HK USP 45 fullsize with Trijicon night sites (probably green on green, that's what a lot of folks said works).

If the full size ends up being way too big, I suppose I can always buy another handgun.

Check out the USP 45C as well. Its a great shooter too, and a little smaller than the fullsize.
By all means go with the Trijicons. I have them on all mine and love them. I've tried just about all the brands and I just like Trijicons the best.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#9]
You m9ight want to look at the Para Companion. It`s a Defender sized 1911 clone with the Para Ordnance LDA trigger. I just picked one up. The ss is still growing on me, but I found to be accurate and easy to maintain.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top