Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 6:22:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WILSON] [#1]
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WILSON:
Same here. I have one Turk CZ copy in 45ACP and two in 9mm (Canik & TriStar).
The price is almost too good to be true.
I keep waiting for something to break,..... but the things just keep going and going and going...
View Quote
Before I dove in, I must have checked out a good twenty of them and got a chance to shoot a couple.  Waiting for the shoe to drop...I ordered a V2 AND an SF.  Shooting the SF tomorrow....already shot the V2...it was awesome!!!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Charlie_Foxtrot:

It is what has finally pushed me to buy one. The price, reliability and now proven durability.

If I owned a firearms manufacture I would send guns to BFV to get the snot shot out of them for testing. It's no HP White but I think it is a great way to test durability.
View Quote
If you like Glocks, get the SF, if you like DA/SA get the V2.  I have one of each and I love 'em.  both have excellent workmanship and the V2 was EASY to take to.  I am running the SF tomorrow night.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:24:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Any CZ P-09's on your range?   I am curious to see how those are holding up.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#5]
this is probably my favorite thread of all time.

Love hearing how well glock stands behind their products, but a little dissapointed by the fact they have had to stand behind them so much for yall. Excited to see more about the 320 and caniks. Also would love to see how the new striker fired cz holds up as well as their polymer da/sa's. if you every get p10c's, p07/09's on the line I would love to see how they fair!

Keep up the great work! I'll come visit next time I find myself in Vegas!
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:16:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Brando_05:
this is probably my favorite thread of all time.

Love hearing how well glock stands behind their products, but a little dissapointed by the fact they have had to stand behind them so much for yall. Excited to see more about the 320 and caniks. Also would love to see how the new striker fired cz holds up as well as their polymer da/sa's. if you every get p10c's, p07/09's on the line I would love to see how they fair!

Keep up the great work! I'll come visit next time I find myself in Vegas!
View Quote
I'm disappointed in the Gen 4s cracking so early especially since I have one milled for an RMR.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:33:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By unseenSNIPER:

I'm disappointed in the Gen 4s cracking so early especially since I have one milled for an RMR.
View Quote
How early? It still seems it would be far beyond what 99.9% of people would shoot.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 2:39:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By HendersonDefense:
The Canik is used every day of the week on the cheap "intro" package. We didn't want to beat up the Glock's, Sig's or Beretta's and figured for the price (wife bought quite a few as a package deal), if they didn't last very long they would still make good money and we could just dispose of them when they broke. The are still running without issues. As far as round count, I will have to do some research to see how many times that package has been sold and I can get a fairly accurate round count.

V/R
Ron
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Estimated daily round counts? How many rounds through them total? Thank you for your hard work and efforts in these threads. The information you have provided thus far has been invaluable.
The Canik is used every day of the week on the cheap "intro" package. We didn't want to beat up the Glock's, Sig's or Beretta's and figured for the price (wife bought quite a few as a package deal), if they didn't last very long they would still make good money and we could just dispose of them when they broke. The are still running without issues. As far as round count, I will have to do some research to see how many times that package has been sold and I can get a fairly accurate round count.

V/R
Ron
CANIK VIDEO REVIEW:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9bAORD4VKrA

(Feel free to embed).

Thanks again Ron!  Great to hear these CZ copies are doing so well, although I am not surprised.  

The 75 design is, by now, universally known and respected.  I expect these will turn out to be the longest-lived, most reliable guns available at Battlefield Las Vegas.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 4:19:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#10]
This real world torture test involves guns that are not well maintained, hence the reason we have so many Glock
slide failures, yet the CZ and 92FS continue to perform without failures.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:
CANIK VIDEO REVIEW:

(Feel free to embed).

Thanks again Ron!  Great to hear these CZ copies are doing so well, although I am not surprised.  

The 75 design is, by now, universally known and respected.  I expect these will turn out to be the longest-lived, most reliable guns available at Battlefield Las Vegas.
View All Quotes

Estimated daily round counts? How many rounds through them total? Thank you for your hard work and efforts in these threads. The information you have provided thus far has been invaluable.

V/R
Ron
CANIK VIDEO REVIEW:

(Feel free to embed).

They're using the TP9 series of Caniks.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Adam-Wayne:

View Quote
While I'm curious how they'll do, and they appear to be good guns, I just won't knowingly buy a product made in that back-stabbing, underhanded, sneaky, terrorist supporting country.  I don't think Americans realize what Turkey is up to these days.   Even those that do probably don't know anywhere near the extent of it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#13]
This thread is one of the best resources available on arfcom. Thanks for putting the time in.
Can we get a round count/failures update on the HK USP pistols? Are they both 9mm and 45?
Also, do you guys have any MK23's on the line?
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes

V/R
Ron
CANIK VIDEO REVIEW:

(Feel free to embed).

They chose the copy of the Smith & Wesson 99? That's a huge disappointment.

Hopefully, Battlefield Las Vegas will soon add Canik's excellent version of the classic old CZ-75.  It's a superior and strong design which will last longer than almost anything currently on the line.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 9:36:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Hopefully, Battlefield Las Vegas will soon add Canik's excellent version of the classic old CZ-75.  It's a superior and strong design which will last longer than almost anything currently on the line.
View All Quotes

V/R
Ron
CANIK VIDEO REVIEW:

(Feel free to embed).

Well, the TP9 series is fairly popular.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 9:47:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Meh.

A copy/clone/knock off of a Walther P99 AS.

Why buy a cheap Islamic copy when you can have the real thing?
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 10:52:14 PM EDT
[#17]
So any issues with the SIG P320?
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
So any issues with the SIG P320?
View Quote
No issues with the Sig but one of our Beretta 92's that was put on the line in the beginning of 2014 finally had the frame crack.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 6:47:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I will try and update more often but just noticed that somebody bought me a Platinum Membership. Thank you VERY much to whoever did that

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By DanW:

While I'm curious how they'll do, and they appear to be good guns, I just won't knowingly buy a product made in that back-stabbing, underhanded, sneaky, terrorist supporting country.  I don't think Americans realize what Turkey is up to these days.   Even those that do probably don't know anywhere near the extent of it.
View Quote
That staff is pretty amazed at how well the TP9's have handled the abuse. Everybody was pretty sure they would be done in a few weeks but they KEEP pushing through and we've yet to have one fail. IMHO, after seeing how many rounds go through our TP9's and how cheap we purchased them for.. they have to be the best bang of the buck.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#21]

No issues with the Sig but one of our Beretta 92's that was put on the line in the beginning of 2014 finally had the frame crack.

V/R
Ron
View Quote
Any idea on what the round count on the Beretta was?

Thank You for this thread.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 10:18:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HendersonDefense] [#22]
Originally Posted By cletussd:

View Quote
We were trying to come up with a conservative number for that pistol considering that it's had two barrel replacements in it's 3+ years of service on the line. The number I'm coming up with is in the average for the high and low estimates and I would guess that this particular Beretta had a minimum of 150,000 rounds down range before cracking the slide or frame.

I know there's SO much hate for this gun but the time on the line doesn't lie.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:20:01 PM EDT
[#23]

We were trying to come up with a conservative number for that pistol considering that it's had two barrel replacements in it's 3+ years of service on the line. The number I'm coming up with is in the average for the high and low estimates and I would guess that this particular Beretta had a minimum of 150,000 rounds down range before cracking the slide or frame.

V/R
Ron
View Quote
I don't get the hate.  I carry Glocks, but my favorite handgun, hands down, is my Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical.  Most of the things I love about it are present on the basic M9 or Beretta 92.  The Berettas just look good, too.  I'm betting that much of the hate came when it replaced the 1911, which was sacred.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 12:01:25 AM EDT
[#24]

V/R
Ron
View All Quotes

V/R
Ron
Thank You.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 1:16:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By DanW:
The Berettas just look good, too.  I'm betting that much of the hate came when it replaced the 1911, which was sacred.
View Quote
Don't you know?  The best pistol the military ever used was the LAST one they used.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#26]
I had a tp9sf-elite and move back to the G19. I'm happy to hear that the canik is doing well. 
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 9:33:44 PM EDT
[#27]
M9 had it's growing pains. But has been figured out for a while now. Any new M9, M9A1, M9A3 will be fine.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 11:03:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Any update on the HKs you've had on the line?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 1:12:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By killingmachine123:
Any update on the HKs you've had on the line?
View Quote
The HK has been running flawlessly and we use one with a suppressor and one without. No problems with either.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 12:04:12 AM EDT
[#30]

The HK has been running flawlessly and we use one with a suppressor and one without. No problems with either.

V/R
Ron
View Quote
Thanks a ton for the update. There must be a lot of rounds down the pipe by now. That's good to hear. 
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 12:37:15 AM EDT
[#31]

V/R
Ron
View Quote
Most of the hate comes from gunstore bullshit that gets regurgitated over and over again by people that have never even fired a Beretta M9 much less owned one. It's a proven design and combat pistol that hopefully will get the same after life the 1911 got. With companies like Wilson producing tricked out versions who knows. Maybe they will catch on.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 10:49:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Any Walther P99's for Bond fans? If so how do they run?
Thanks so much for the info.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#33]
I'd be curious about the P99 myself, as I run three of them.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 3:07:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#34]
Ron,

Thanks for starting this awesome, informative discussion, and all the other ones that you've posted on this forum. I'm a latercomer to this one but just read through the whole thing over the last two days. I really appreciate your objectivity and your willingness to answer questions. I was supposed to visit Fort Irwin a couple months ago and was going to make a weekend trip up to your range, but that fell through. I hope I'll be able to get out there at some point.

I don't mean to speak for Ron, but I know he's incredibly busy, and I see a lot of people repeatedly asking him about the round count of the Gen 4 Glocks that were experiencing failures over the past year. If you look back through this thread, when he started it, he was reporting Gen 3 and Gen 4 G17s failing after 100,000+ rounds. About a year ago, he started reporting that Glocks were failing unusually early after about 20,000 to 30,000. When he was asked what generation those Glocks were, he reported that they were all Gen 4s. I would suspect that as the older Gen 3s and 4s were wearing out, he was buying new Gen 4s only that were experiencing earlier failures. That seems to indicate that there was a batch or two of newer production Gen 4s that may have some difference in material (I hesitate to say "defect") that is producing weaker slides. As someone posted earlier, it would be very interesting to know the letter codes in the serial numbers of those pistols to see if they fall within a particular manufacturing timeframe.

Lastly, in reference to customers wanting to shoot the newer, latest generation of Glocks, leading to heavier use of Gen 4s, I seriously doubt that most "tourist shooters" know the difference between generations. I suspect it's more likely that, as I mentioned above, the Gen 4s are replacing older Gen 3s and 4s, so those new Gen 4s make up the majority of his Glock inventory.

Thanks again, Ron!
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 3:40:45 PM EDT
[#35]
PLEASE add a CZ P10C to the mix
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 4:27:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cletussd] [#36]
Originally Posted By eternal24k:
PLEASE add a CZ P10C to the mix
View Quote
Ron has stated customers are mainly only interested in Firearms that are in movies, video games and used by the Military.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 6:40:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Ron, I'm sure its here but what about Beretta px4 and/or the 92 series?  How have they held up?
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:13:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By myhatinthering:
Ron, I'm sure its here but what about Beretta px4 and/or the 92 series?  How have they held up?
View Quote
He has already talked about the 92 . Look in the middle of page 14 . He said the frame cracked after 150,000 + rounds .
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 8:45:24 AM EDT
[#39]

Ron has stated customers are mainly only interested in Firearms that are in movies, video games and used by the Military.
View Quote
Yeah, not sure where the Canik TP9 fits in there

So I am sure there is enough demand for the CZ
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 8:52:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By XM21Nick:
He has already talked about the 92 . Look in the middle of page 14 . He said the frame cracked after 150,000 + rounds .
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By XM21Nick:
Originally Posted By myhatinthering:
Thank u sir
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:32:57 AM EDT
[#41]

Most of the hate comes from gunstore bullshit that gets regurgitated over and over again by people that have never even fired a Beretta M9 much less owned one. It's a proven design and combat pistol that hopefully will get the same after life the 1911 got. With companies like Wilson producing tricked out versions who knows. Maybe they will catch on.
View Quote
Exactly, I didn't like the m9 due to the rumors until I bought one. It has to be one of my favorite 9mm's out there now. I'd say the only thing I shoot better than my basic m9 is my cz75 shadow and even then it's real close. A 226 with an srt doesn't even match the m9's trigger in my opinion. I think a lot of the bad rumors about it came from worn out military m9's that were poorly maintained. That and the heavy phosphated checkmate mags that were issued. I love those mags but I can see how they would have trouble in the sand of Iraq.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:23:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlitzPig] [#42]
Much of my hesitancy about the 92 came from the experience of the Ohio Highway Patrol, who adopted the 92 in 40 after the Army chose it as the new service pistol.

The officers I talked to did NOT like the pistol at all.  Poor finish, corrosion issues, and they were getting loose rapidly, according to them, so I just wrote them off till I had the chance recently to spend some time with them and found the 92 to be a very good, if overly large pistol.

The moral here is one that I think carries over to all manufacturers.   Scaling up a design originally meant for 9mm to 40 is a fools errand.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:43:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GTHKTX] [#43]
Ron, hell of an informative thread..

Regarding your USP45s, they are known for weak mag springs, so a lot of serious HK shooters use Wolff extra-power springs to prevent mag related malfunctions. They're cheap, in case you care to consider it.

Another thing regarding the USP...there is a company that makes copies of the original USP "Match" Barrel weight, like the one in my avatar picture. They're about $150 versus the near-unobtanium costs of the original. I bet you'd get a lot of mileage out of it as a "Tomb Raider" or "Underworld" movie throwback :)

I posted a long time ago asking about the CZ Scorpion EVO, and at the time you had stated no problems beyond the occasional cracked mag. This still holding true?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:39:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:28:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Ron,
 What are you doing in response to the SIG P320 problems?

thanks
 Free
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 3:11:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
I don't mean to speak for Ron, but I know he's incredibly busy, and I see a lot of people repeatedly asking him about the round count of the Gen 4 Glocks that were experiencing failures over the past year. If you look back through this thread, when he started it, he was reporting Gen 3 and Gen 4 G17s failing after 100,000+ rounds. About a year ago, he started reporting that Glocks were failing unusually early after about 20,000 to 30,000. When he was asked what generation those Glocks were, he reported that they were all Gen 4s. I would suspect that as the older Gen 3s and 4s were wearing out, he was buying new Gen 4s only that were experiencing earlier failures. That seems to indicate that there was a batch or two of newer production Gen 4s that may have some difference in material (I hesitate to say "defect") that is producing weaker slides. As someone posted earlier, it would be very interesting to know the letter codes in the serial numbers of those pistols to see if they fall within a particular manufacturing timeframe.
View Quote
That has been my contention all along. If it were a bigger issue, the internet would be abuzz just like it was when BTF reared it's ugly head. I just discovered that the only Glocks on the rental wall at the range I frequent are Gen 4s. I need to ask them how they are holding up.

Ron, do you know the serial prefix of the Glocks that failed prematurely and did Glock do anything besides replace the slides?  
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
Ron,
 What are you doing in response to the SIG P320 problems?

thanks
 Free
View Quote
Also curious.  

I would imagine, for liability purposes if nothing else, that he'll send 'em all to Sig for upgrades.  Since Sig swears they're safe, he can probably continue to operate them until time to box them up and ship 'em.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:32:21 PM EDT
[#48]

V/R
Ron
View Quote
What are your thoughts on the Sig P320 situation?  Think it's an issue at all or overblown?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:13:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:15:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top