Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 2:12:37 PM EDT
Got my HI Power yesterday 23 Feb 2006
Brought it home and cleaned it up nice and gave it a good coat of lube.

Hit wally mart and grabbed 300 rnds  wwb

Today 24 feb 06 it was a nice sunny beautiful day  with temps  of 20 deg and winds of 45 mph
I did not care I had to hit the range

First few shots were low right printed that on 3 targets to confirm.

Made a few sight adjustments and its hitting FINE now.

Only issues I had was the 2nd mag, the slide would not go forward at all
Removed the mag and looked but everything was clear etc…

Put the mag back in and the slide was then able to go forward without any issues

I got no hammer bite either, I guess maybe from shooting my 1911’s  and others I have learned where to keep my hand.

The pistol felt great in my hands and poa was almost natural

Only issue I have is I do not like the white stripes on the stock sights

It was cold and windy and I was new to this pistol but it still shot great even with my shaking freezing hands.. I was able to keep them mostly on target

http://www.handgunplace.com/images/222222222.jpg

http://www.handgunplace.com/images/333.jpg
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.  20 deg eh?  I'd be dead in a 20 degree weather  Never been that cold here.

I applied shamelessly the permanent black marker over the white stripes and it looks much better.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice looking Hi-Power. I'm somewhat stumped also on the 2nd magazine snafu? From the looks of your photos it appears like your BHP has the new "mouse trap" type magazines, is that correct? If the magazine gives you any more problems look into locating original factory Browning magazines without the mouse trap exposed spring or Mec-Gars for replacement.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice looking HP!

Personally, I have yet to have hammer-bite on any spur-hammered gun I've ever shot & I have somewhat large hands.

Just to be different, I like the white outline sights, myself.    
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice group. How far was the target?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:17:01 AM EDT
[#5]
20 yards is mostly what i shoot

that was at 20 yards

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top