Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:56:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice pics, M16Ham. Take plenty of ammo and (maybe) a small bandaid. The narrow stock trigger starts to wear (me) after awhile. One thing I plan is a C&S style wider trigger. Sometimes this will also give the perception of better trigger feel. I'm trying to put about 1000 rounds or so thru mine before I decide on what, if anything, needs to be done. Hmmmmmmm, Saturday seems right to get closer to the goal.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:03:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm the same way.  I want to shoot it first, before I mess with anything.  Good luck on your goal and thanks for the tip.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:13:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't understand all of the fuss with the mag disconnect.  My BHP trigger is just fine with it in place.  No gritty pull or stacking at all.  It breaks cleanly and I really wouldn't change anything.  
BTW I've also shot a HP with the saftey removed for comparision...not a big difference to me.

As always... YMMV!

Z
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:16:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Range Report:  I finally got a chance to hit the range today to test out the FN Hi-Power and I must say, I am very, very, very impressed.  So impressed that I am in fact, thinking about selling my XD-9.  

The ammo of choice for the day was WWB 115gr and I actually hit the bullseye a couple of times at 10 yds, boosting my confidence.  I didn't have to adjust much when I picked up the gun, which I really like.  I just pick it up, get a good grip, aim, and shoot.  I don't have to rearrange my hands, fingers, or weight to figure out the "sweet spot".  This gun belongs in my hands.

I can get better, with practice of course, With this gun as a platform to hone my skills, I think I will get very good with it.  For those thinking of getting one, please do.  You're missing out.  

I had the mag safety still in by the ways, and it wasn't too bad.  I still think removing it will clean up the pull.  

Good day!  I know mine was.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:25:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't understand all of the fuss with the mag disconnect.  My BHP trigger is just fine with it in place.  No gritty pull or stacking at all.  It breaks cleanly and I really wouldn't change anything.  
BTW I've also shot a HP with the saftey removed for comparision...not a big difference to me.

As always... YMMV!

Z

Most Hi Powers with the disconnect in place -- more like ALL -- don't allow magazines to drop free. Though yours seems to be that "one in a million gun" that has a super trigger pull with the disconnect in place, the vast majority benefit from its removal.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top