Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2017 3:25:50 PM EDT
I currently have a set of Herrett grips on my BHP, but they have a slight swell at the top of the grips that I do not like and did not realize was there when I purchased them.  The swell is similar to the profile of the stock Mark III grips.  Does anyone know if the Spegel or VZ grips have the same swell?  

For the VZ grips, it does not appear that there is the swell and the grip is flat, but I really like the look of the wood grips so I would prefer to order a set of grips from Spegel if they do not have the swell.  However, I want to try and get confirmation of this before I purchase a new set.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:35:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The Hogue wood grips are very nice, you might want to try those.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:13:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Spegel's have a slight slope. Nothing at all like the shelf on the original wooden grips.

Like putting diamonds on a pig, these Spegels on my ratty old HP.

Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I have and like the Thin Micarta grips by Navidrex from Brownell's.  Only in black but thin with no palm swell.  Makes the BHP a perfect fit for my hand.  They are available sporadically.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Spegel's have a slight slope. Nothing at all like the shelf on the original wooden grips.

Like putting diamonds on a pig, these Spegels on my ratty old HP.
View Quote
Ratty?? Looks awesome!
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 11:33:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ratty?? Looks awesome!
View Quote
They look a bit better on my Browning badged HP.

I found some old Uncle Mikes to put on my "rat".

Link Posted: 8/31/2017 2:49:47 PM EDT
[#6]
John, the ratty one looks like an old warhorse lol
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:28:11 PM EDT
[#7]
If only it could tell us its tales.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 1:19:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I love my vz grips. I've got the simonich gunner grips from them and they work great

Nice overall fit to the hand with no swells and weird stuff. Just a super all around shape and texture

Email me if you want some close up pics
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I never have a lot of money.  I used rubber hogues and liked them, but not crazy about the finger grooves.  So I cut them off and sort of sanded the front edge to reshape better.  

I know, ghetto.  But it feels really good at present.   And hands down my favorite pistol I've ever owned.  Well....  I really like my M9 too, but this one fills the carry gun role better.  Even though I pretty much just carry a 442 24/7.  But this is one gun I take if I want more.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top