Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2017 4:06:27 PM EDT
Finally got my Hi Power back from its free Cerakote job and put back together in all its glory. Next stop, VZ grips and a extended safety. 

If feasible pricewise I'd REALLY love to have the slide cut and dovetailed for some decent sights since it's currently sporting the old school semi circle/GI front and a weird kinda/sorta cut rear sight that may have been a 2 dot set up years ago. 

Called ADCO, couldn't really give me a price except they charge by the hour and he didn't know how many hours it'd take. 

Called Novak, ?????? wow $125 for front and rear cuts that only accept propietery Novak sights which obviously aren't included and I'd have to buy a set from them for them to even bother doing the work. Oh and plus paying shipping for the slide there and back. 

I just got off the phone with Kevin at Cylinder and Slide, nice guy. I'm emailing him pics of the current slide/sights setup and then he'll email me back with more info and a better idea of a price. 

Currently waiting on a call back from someone at Accurate Plating And Weaponry here in my home state. We'll see what he has to say, if he ever calls. 

So anyway, that's my CSB for today. 

Does anybody please have any suggestions for a somewhat affordable gunsmith who can do this kind of work without fucking up my pistol?

Seriously, ANY ideas or suggestions, links or names, etc. would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:27:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I just sent some to Novaks. Yes it's a bit pricey but they do a really nice job and the turn around time was very quick. You just need to ship the slide so it should only be around $7 for priority mail each way.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:11:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Bob Cogan and his team at Accurate Plating and Weaponry did a great job cutting a Novak dovetail for me in an Argy slide.  I use the Warren Tactical sights which use the Novak cut.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:17:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I had Novaks do it. No complaints, quick turnaround.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Novak did my Israeli surplus form Aim last year.  Work was great but white paint around front tritium is coming off.  I need to contact them about it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 6:39:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Novak did my Israeli surplus form Aim last year.  Work was great but white paint around front tritium is coming off.  I need to contact them about it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 6:41:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Novak did my Israeli surplus from AIM last year.  Work was great but white paint around front tritium is coming off.  I need to contact them about it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 6:42:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Novak did my Israeli surplus from AIM last year.  Work was great but white paint around front tritium is coming off.  I need to contact them about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top