Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 9:20:17 AM EDT
Kel-Tec has a single-stack 9mm for 2006!!

The PF-9

The PF-9 is a semi-automatic, locked breech pistol, chambered for the 9 mm Luger cartridge. It has been developed from our highly successful P-11 and P-3AT pistols with maximum concealability in mind. The PF-9 has a single stack magazine holding 7 rounds. It is the lightest and flattest 9 mm ever made. Firing mechanism is Double-Action Only with an automatic hammer block safety. The PF-9 will be available in blued, parkerized, and hard chrome finishes. Grips will be in black, grey, and olive drab.

The PF-9 accessory rail will accept the latest compact weapon lights and lasers.

The PF-9 retains the best features from our P-11 and P-3AT pistols combined into the flattest and lightest single stack 9mm configuration ever made. The barrel, locking system, slide stop, assembly pin, front sight, recoil springs and guide rod are adapted from the P-11. The PF-9 is nearly identical to the P-11 in length and height and shares the same exterior controls. The shorter trigger system with integral hammer block and the extraction system are adapted from the P-3AT. Just like the P-11, the PF-9 will accept +P ammunition, however, not with continuous use.

The rear sight is a new design and is adjustable for windage with the supplied allen wrench as well as for elevation with the use of shims (not included). The included 7 round rectangular magazine is supplied with a finger extension base plate and numbered holes. The under barrel accessory rail shares the dimensions of the MIL-STD-1913 picatinny rail although there is only one locking notch in the forward position.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:27:45 AM EDT
[#1]
That kicks ass. If the trigger is about 2# lighter than a p11, I will buy one as a bug.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#2]
12.7 ounces.  Holy crap.

It looks like they listened to their customers (shock!horror!) and produced something people want.

Hope springs eternal.  

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:07:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Well this really throws a monkey wrench in my plans.  I was just about to buy a P3-AT, when I saw this announcement.  Maybe someone else out there could help me make a decision.  Basically I'm looking for a true pocket gun - something to carry when I can't carry anything else.  I have several pistols I use for CCW depending on what I'm wearing - Ruger sp-101, Glock 27, Springfield XD, Sig 229, Glock 21, so I have IWB carry pretty much covered.  I want something that I can carry no matter what I'm wearing, including gym shorts with pockets and a drawstring.  Based on these criteria and the specs contained in the press release, is the new 9mm going to work or should I just go with the .380?  This new one looks to be quite a bit bigger than the .380.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:58:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I have yet to handle the new 9mm, but I have a P32 and P380, both of those pistols are pretty much the same size/weight. The 380 is truly a fit in your pocket and forget about it type of pistol.

The new 9mm, from the measurements, will be slightly larger than the 380 and might not just drop into your tightest pair of disco jeans. But seriously, it looks like it iwll fid into most jeans or suit pants comfortably. 8 rounds of 9mm are much better than 8 rounds of 380.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been waiting for KT to produce one of these for a couple of years now.  I'm going to buy the first one I can find, but I bet they'll be hard to get for a while.  I hope KT has a real winner with this pistol, they've certainly listened to their customers.  Hell, I might buy the first 2 of these I can find!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I plan to get one too.  I bought a P3AT for a true pocket gun.  There really aren't many out there unless you have a $1,000 for an R9.  Even Kahr's PM9 is too big to be comfortable in my pockets.  My P3AT was horrible in the begining.  I had all kinds of problems with it and it made two trips back to the factory but it seems reliable now.  Still....hard to be really confident in a pistol that started out that rough.

If Kel-Tec learned from the whole P3AT experience and build on that experience, this PF-9 might be a really great pistol and I think it just might work as a pocket pistol for me.  I compared dimensions with the P3AT and the Kahr PM9 and it's just a bit bigger than the P3AT.  The only dimension that seems longer than the Kahr is the length but this shouldn't be a problem.  If I was going to choose, I'd hold off until I could hold a PF-9 next to a P3AT before I'd spend.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:55:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well this really throws a monkey wrench in my plans.  I was just about to buy a P3-AT, when I saw this announcement.  Maybe someone else out there could help me make a decision.  Basically I'm looking for a true pocket gun - something to carry when I can't carry anything else.  I have several pistols I use for CCW depending on what I'm wearing - Ruger sp-101, Glock 27, Springfield XD, Sig 229, Glock 21, so I have IWB carry pretty much covered.  I want something that I can carry no matter what I'm wearing, including gym shorts with pockets and a drawstring.  Based on these criteria and the specs contained in the press release, is the new 9mm going to work or should I just go with the .380?  This new one looks to be quite a bit bigger than the .380.

Why not do it the true Arfcom way? Buy both

Looks a bit big for a true pocket gun to me, but hard to say until we can see one in the "flesh".
I've got a P3AT coming in next week. I may pick one of these up as well when they become available....
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:24:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Doesn't beat Rohrbaugh on flatness, but if it's priced like their other products, hurray!  

The accessory rail seems a little superfluous, but it doesn't hurt anything.  

That was a big selling point for me (dunno why) on my XD9 subcompact, but with actual use I realized it was better off without the XML...  

Anyway, kudos to Kel-Tec on this one, can't wait for a range report!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:08:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hell, I might buy the first 2 of these I can find!

Thanks for being our guinea pig.  I can wait to make sure they work.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:39:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:01:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I loved my P-32 when it was my all-day, every-day pocket-gun and I love my P3AT that replaced it.  I look forward to trying one of these out...
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:07:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
... The accessory rail seems a little superfluous, but it doesn't hurt anything...

Agreed.  I would prefer a gun this size without a rail (and will buy one if they make that optional), but as long as it doesn't hang up the draw from a pocket/pocket holster I guess I can live with it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I think the 9mm will be a great little pistol and I damn well will have trouble passing the first one I see at a gunshow BUT if you want a true pocket gun the p3-at is just so light and small. I have tried to carry other guns but they are all either too heavy or too big.  There is a lot of truth to the phrase on the card from pocketholster.com, "a 32. in your pocket beats a 40. in your glove box."

I bought one about a month ago and just love it. Being 6'2" 240 lbs, and living in a warm climate has always made it hard for me to carry. But that little  P3-AT fits perfectly in a pocket holster in the back pocket of my wranglers.  I have started carrying my wallet in my left back pocket and the little 380 in the right rear pocket.  If that basser was any longer overall I couldn't pull it off in the back pocket.  

I am very happy with the pocketholster by the way.  When I first got the P3-AT I was just carrying it in my pocket and was worried about carrying one in the chamber, for fear of crap in the pocket getting in the trigger gaurd.  A semi auto without one up the pipe is just about useless in a true-shit-hit-the-fan situation.

With the holster I can carry in jeans or fishing shorts or a suit for that matter.  But most importantly I am always carrying when I go for my morning walk between 0530 and 0600.  

Small and light is most important when carrying in tight clothes like jeans and light fabrics like gym shorts.  So IMO go for the P3-AT and then let nature take its course and get the other cause its just a tad bigger, when you have more clothes to conceal it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:20:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I plan to get one too.  [snip]  Even Kahr's PM9 is too big to be comfortable in my pockets.  [snip]... this PF-9 might be a really great pistol and I think it just might work as a pocket pistol for me.  [snip]

In comparing the PM9 to the PF-9, the PF-9 is bigger in both height (0.30 in) and length (0.55 in) and only .02 inches narrower than the PM9...i dont think that this is going to suit you any better as a pocket pistol than your PM9...just a thought.

Diesel
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:17:25 PM EDT
[#16]
WHY ARENT THE PF-9 PICS WORKING ANYMORE...AND WHY IS IT NOT ON KEL-TECS WEBSITE ANYMORE?????

I noticed today that they completely changed thier web-site format, and the PF-9 is not mentioned ANYWHERE...and you cant get any of the pics to load on ANY site...WHAT GIVES

Diesel
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
WHY ARENT THE PF-9 PICS WORKING ANYMORE...AND WHY IS IT NOT ON KEL-TECS WEBSITE ANYMORE?????

I noticed today that they completely changed thier web-site format, and the PF-9 is not mentioned ANYWHERE...and you cant get any of the pics to load on ANY site...WHAT GIVES

Diesel

IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I don't know why. I'm only a consumer, not a highly paid shill!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Here ya go. I was thinking about getting a .380 but I may wait until this comes out now to compare. Don't really know why I should even bother waiting, more than likely I will wind up getting both, hell I might as well get the .32 also so my 1903 won't be so lonely.

It has it's own forum over at KTOG.org if anyone wants to read more about it.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:50:21 PM EDT
[#19]
But 8 rounds of .380 (or .22 for that matter) is better than 0 rounds cause the gun just isnt as small as you wished it was so you dont always wear it. After 8-9 pistols I finally learned its better to carry my NAA .22 all the time than my Glock 27 ONE IN A WHILE. I am going to get one of these kel-tec (either .380 or .32 just for that reason; so there will be no excuse for me not packing.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I carry my P-3AT all the time.  With a good pocket holster, it is comfortable in just about any type of clothing.  

I plan on buying a PF-9 when it hits the display cases next month too.  It will be a nice pistol for big pockets, or for very thin IWB carry.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:08:47 PM EDT
[#21]
next we can start dreaming about a pocket .45
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
next we can start dreaming about a pocket .45

Make mine a 10mm.  Lets hope it ships with an ice pack.

J/K, for me, the 9mm is nearing the top of the power curve for a pocket pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top