Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2002 1:03:17 PM EDT
just wanted to try and get something going here. i have two CZ 85 combats and of the 9mm I have owned and shot I think the CZ is about the best. Now if I could just get a set of Houge grips to fit, second pair being returned Monday. Taking the CZ to Front Sight next month for the 4 day handgun training.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 12:06:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I didn't like the figner grooves of the Houge on my CZ-75, so I just cut off the front portion, leaving me with two rubber panels.  This might work on the 85 as well.  It gave me a VERY comfortable grip, without adding to the width.  Excellent feel.

If you want to shape them a little, put them in the freezer and freeze them.  When they're hard, you can work them like wood until they thaw out.  Then just chuck them back in the freezer to harden up.  

Ross
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The grips I was trying to put on were wood
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 3:49:51 AM EDT
[#4]
You may just have to fit them with some careful file/sandpaper work.  There are very slight differences between the clones and CZ.  I was given a pair of wood TZ grips and it took a little fitting to get them to work.  Odds are you may have to whittle some on them.  I'm no whiz with wood and it was a piece of cake for me.  Just took a little time, but not much.  

If the panels didn't go in the recesses all the way, or they seemed to fit fine in some spots but not in others, then they probably need some fitting.  If they advertise them as fitting the clones as well as the CZ, then I'd say it's "fitting required" even if they don't say that on the package.

Ross

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top