User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 10:51:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Seriously. A thread that just won't die.  I guess some people can't stop crying over someone getting a "free" gun after riflegear staff was initially either incompetent or purposely deceptive, and later followed up with illegal threats.

I hope riflegear has learned from this and gotten their house in order, because they do appear to offer a good selection of firearms at very competitive prices.
View Quote

I do agree the OP should get the magazines IF and only IF CZ actually ships the blem models with all 3 magazines. That hasn't been established, or at least I don't recall reading it. I could be wrong.

Regardless, I don't think that entitle the OP in getting a free handgun and teaching riflegear a "lesson." If anything he should have returned the handgun and simply called it a day.

It's not going to hold up in court, at all. You can't hold something just because you were "lied" to about the product. If you received a product that was misrepresented, then you simply return it and ask for a refund. If they refuse a refund or tell you that you must suffer a penalty that isn't your fault, then that is something you can dispute and that's why there is a credit card dispute forum.

I feel like the OP lied to his credit card company, and on top of that lied to us. I don't doubt he got his money back but to keep a gun just because he felt he was lied to to teach them a "lesson" is both illegal and idiotic. I don't sympathize with him at all in that regard and do hope he gets whatever legal issues that come to him about it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 11:04:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Neither party has responded in months. We have no idea how it turned out. I seriously doubt OP's credit card company let him keep the gun and returned the full payment.
View Quote

I had a dispute with Paypal once with a company in China, which I didn't know at first because the seller said he was in California. At first, they sided with the with company because the company said they shipped the product to me. I told Paypal yes they did ship me an item but it was a cheap item and not what they said they would send. I then showed them the email where I asked the seller that they sent me a cheap item and the seller told me that I could keep it, or send it back and they would give me a refund. I explained the shipping cost from here to China alone would far exceed the amount of the product's value and on top of that the seller claimed to ship from California. So I forward that to Paypal rep and they reversed their initial decision in my favor and gave me a full refund because the seller lied about the product and where they are.

I still had the cheap item and asked what to do with it. Paypal told me to keep it and not worry about it. I just re-gifted it as a cheap Christmas gift to someone over the holiday. While it's a cheap item in question here, I do know that they will tell you to keep the item if it is a misrepresentation of the actual product. In the OP's case, he's missing a couple magazines. I don't know if the company would fully understand that the OP has a functional firearm sans the magazine or if they believe he has a broken item that will not function. My guess is they belief the latter part of that and think it is a nonfunctional item without the additional magazines. So they may rule in his favor not knowing that the OP has a functional item.

My guess Riflegear would send it to court where they will likely win. Not sure if the ATF is the appropriate place to complain because the OP did complete the transfer and did pass the background check and did buy the weapon for himself. So from the ATF's standpoint, he did nothing illegal and the matter is civil in nature. I don't think any criminal charges would be in place but if I was riflegear I would totally take it to court, if anything to make others not copy his behavior.

I also want to stress that the company did not post here probably because they won the dispute. The OP probably didn't post here because he's forced to pay the full amount and has no further say other than arguing with people about him being in the right. Otherwise if the OP has a free gun, I'm betting the company would want to make it known about any legal actions they taken just so others won't copy his behavior.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 5:11:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Regardless if op paid, didn't pay, should have or shouldn't have paid.

The simple fact RG, or one of their employees THREATENED TO GET THE ATF on the "buyer" is so astronomically stupid, they deserve so much more than being out whatever their cost for that pistol is.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 5:37:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The simple fact RG, or one of their employees THREATENED TO GET THE ATF on the "buyer" is so astronomically stupid, they deserve so much more than being out whatever their cost for that pistol is.
View Quote

Their response has ensured that I never purchase anything from them, there are too many good companies out there to deal with somebody like that.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 11:22:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Their response has ensured that I never purchase anything from them, there are too many good companies out there to deal with somebody like that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Qft
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#7]
This thread just doesn't die!
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top