Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2017 2:38:38 PM EDT
Will get to sample CZ's customer service, not too worried as they appear to take care of most folks.  Kinda sucks, enjoy the hell outta this pistol.

My P10-c was purchased 07/08/17 and has 1485 rounds through it.  Found this when I took it down for cleaning.  Gun functioned fine on its last outing and had no indication of what I found today.  

Link Posted: 10/8/2017 3:11:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Expect revised parts coming soon.  I suspected the first P-10 pistols would have some teething issues.  I mentioned this in another threat every gun in history and every brand has had issues like this and this is why you get revisions on parts.  You could have go the fluke part out of every 2000 or 10000 guns.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 3:16:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Ouch, that is a steel part of the locking block and rail.  Correct?  I haven't got to even see a P10C in person much less take one apart.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ouch, that is a steel part of the locking block and rail.  Correct?  I haven't got to even see a P10C in person much less take one apart.
View Quote
Locking block yes, not so much part of the front rail. Note the right side and the portion of the locking block that acts as the rail to mate w/ the slide is towards the front of the locking block. The rear section also is what anchors the slide release and allows it to travel up on a empty magazine.  Sure would be convenient if CZ would just send me a new locking block.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I had to get a P07 as soon as they hit the shore, had some serious issues with it.  Sent it back to CZ, they had a new gun delivered to me in two weeks.  Really good CS.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Dang, good luck OP.  CZ should cover you.  Just go through their website service request.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 9:58:47 AM EDT
[#6]
The grain structure on that part looks terrible even for a MiM part holy crap.

Possible to get a closer macro style pic?
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#7]
That's some crappy looking mim.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#8]
damn thats some kimber looking MIM right there
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:21:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Will attempt to get better pics this evening.

CZ did get me a shipping label and it will be going back this week.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:53:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Wow, that looks bad indeed. Gun kept functioning with no indication of the breakage? CZ has excellent CS, so yes, I would assume this will be taken care of ASAP.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:40:39 PM EDT
[#11]
This and now the video posted by Omaha Outdoors, guess I'm getting closer to my striker fired choice of either the CZ, Smith 2.0, or the 19 Gen 5.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 11:44:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Yikes. Tagged for CZs response.

Edit, what ammo were you using, reloads? +P?
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yikes. Tagged for CZs response.

Edit, what ammo were you using, reloads? +P?
View Quote
PPU NATO and S&B. Both 124gr.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 4:14:15 PM EDT
[#14]
My P10c is back from CZ.  Should be able to get it out next week.

Per the final rma update.  At a glance it looks the same.
Replaced front insert with new style front insert. Test fire good.
View Quote
Delivered to CZ 10/18
Received back 11/03
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 11:28:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Not a bad turn around. Interesting to note "new style insert".
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 12:30:03 AM EDT
[#16]
I think CZ uses us as beta testers to a degree.  The first issue P07 had some pretty bad issues, but they do take care of you.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 1:41:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Not a bad turn around. Interesting to note "new style insert".
View Quote
It would be great to know if there’s a way to identify whether current production pistols are equipped with the new style insert. I’m guessing that any P-10 Cs showing up in stores now are equipped with it, but it would be great to have confirmation.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 1:38:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I had to send mine back, they replaced the front insert with the new style. It has a raised ridge/nipple that the other one did not have.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I had to send mine back, they replaced the front insert with the new style. It has a raised ridge/nipple that the other one did not have.
View Quote
Can you post a photo of the new part and highlight what is different?
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 10:21:22 AM EDT
[#20]
I have since sold my P10c after it returned back from CZ for the slide release wire spring popping out of its recess in the locking block and jamming up the slide rails. Upon return it had a ridge that blocked the spring from coming out of its recess and up into the slide rails. It looked as though they simply did a pretty clean stake job into the locking block metal to fill the gap the spring was able to jump up and out through. It did the trick, however I think I will wait until the the gen. 2s come out.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have since sold my P10c after it returned back from CZ for the slide release wire spring popping out of its recess in the locking block and jamming up the slide rails. Upon return it had a ridge that blocked the spring from coming out of its recess and up into the slide rails. It looked as though they simply did a pretty clean stake job into the locking block metal to fill the gap the spring was able to jump up and out through. It did the trick, however I think I will wait until the the gen. 2s come out.
View Quote
that's what mine went back for and that's what it looked like when it came back. I am going to trade mine off later this week. I like the CZ75 but this gun is nothing more than a range toy and CZ's warranty service was less than impressive.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 10:01:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At a glance I'm not seeing it. Terrible phone pics.

Before

After
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#23]
I traded out of my p-10 today. The gun just has to many quality issues. When my slide stop spring walked out of my gun it caused the polymer frame to bulge and caused significant damage to the polymer frame itself.
CZ's solution was to replace the front insert with one that had a "welded" tab on the rail insert to hold the spring in place. They refused to repair the damage to the polymer frame. When I received the gun back, the slide stop spring was resting right on the edge of the welded tab. The frame was still damaged and bulged out and it was just a matter of time before the spring jumped over the weld. Additionally, the weld itself was less than impressive. It looked like something I could have done myself.

The gun would auto forward when you inserted a magazine, sometimes with very little force, I cant help but think this is partially caused by the defective slide stop mechanism.

The gun had some short comings that I could probably have lived with if they would have properly fixed it, but CZ's poor customer service was the ultimate deal breaker.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I traded out of my p-10 today. The gun just has to many quality issues. When my slide stop spring walked out of my gun it caused the polymer frame to bulge and caused significant damage to the polymer frame itself.
CZ's solution was to replace the front insert with one that had a "welded" tab on the rail insert to hold the spring in place. They refused to repair the damage to the polymer frame. When I received the gun back, the slide stop spring was resting right on the edge of the welded tab. The frame was still damaged and bulged out and it was just a matter of time before the spring jumped over the weld. Additionally, the weld itself was less than impressive. It looked like something I could have done myself.

The gun would auto forward when you inserted a magazine, sometimes with very little force, I cant help but think this is partially caused by the defective slide stop mechanism.

The gun had some short comings that I could probably have lived with if they would have properly fixed it, but CZ's poor customer service was the ultimate deal breaker.
View Quote
It's supposed to do that.
It's so you can slam a mag in and the slide will auto load the top round and the gun is ready to go.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It's supposed to do that.
It's so you can slam a mag in and the slide will auto load the top round and the gun is ready to go.
View Quote
I guess the slide stop spring was supposed to walk out of the frame on its own too.

The auto forward seems dangerous because sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't. If it were done by design seems like it would do it every time. You didn't even have to "slam" the mag in to get it to auto forward, it would do it sometimes with just slightly more force than normal insertion.

My issue really isn't with the auto forward, that is an incidental issue. I could probably have lived with that if they would have properly fixed the damage the spring caused to the polymer frame of the gun.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 4:42:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Beyond perfection
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Beyond perfection
View Quote
You're in a tech forum, no need to reply with meritless posts. You weren't satisfied with CZs customer service and you did not follow up with them after that, you made that clear.

On another note I plan on hitting the range this weekend, hopefully run 200-250 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 8:06:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You're in a tech forum, no need to reply with meritless posts. You weren't satisfied with CZs customer service and you did not follow up with them after that, you made that clear.

On another note I plan on hitting the range this weekend, hopefully run 200-250 rounds through it.
View Quote
I did follow up with them after i received the gun. I expressed my displeasure and gave them an opportunity to fix it. They sent me a couple of poorly written emails in all capital letters that basically said we don't care......I don't think I mentioned in my previous post whether I followed up with them or not, so I'm not sure how you determined that I made it clear that I hadn't.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 1:04:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Could you share those emails, (edited), here?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top