Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2017 11:09:38 AM EDT
What are the advantages/disadvantages when comparing the urban grey 75B to the urban grey SP01?
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 11:12:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Sp-01 is bigger/heavier with more weight out front.  I traded mine for a 75bd and I think it points faster.  Obviously that same weight can help stabilize the front too.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sp-01 is bigger/heavier with more weight out front.  I traded mine for a 75bd and I think it points faster.  Obviously that same weight can help stabilize the front too.
View Quote
Pretty much this.... They added the front cover of the recoil spring area for a rail.  Front cocking serrations, front and back strap checkering on the frame, slightly different grip panels stock, and ambi decocking levers\safety if you get a safety model.  I think they also come with night sights standard excluding the Shadow which is FO front.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 12:10:41 PM EDT
[#3]
75B having the Omega make any difference?
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
75B having the Omega make any difference?
View Quote
Simpler trigger design you can go safety or decocker.
I think the 75 trigger can be made to have a better trigger overall.  The main difference between them are the decocker and safety swap ablity.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I have both. All the replies are spot on, the SP01 is a very big heavy 9.  And shoots very well, mine will outshoot my 75b .   Too big for any carry for me but a dream at the range.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the replies
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 3:11:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I prefer the SP01.  I got rid of my standard 75 and have 2 SP01's.  It's strength (fat and heavy) is it's big weakness if that makes sense.  If I'm taking a heavy volume class the SP01 is in the #1 slot.  I would hate to carry it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 6:33:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm about to order an SPO1 because my son has one and it's awesome.

He previously had an 85B which I also really liked.

I plan to carry the SPO1 daily as well as shoot local USPSA matches with it.

I find the forward weight bias of the SPO1 makes it a slightly
better pistol compared to the 75/85 CZs. All of them are great really.

I already carry a 5" 1911 every day so the extra weight of the SPO1
is a non issue for me.

SPO1 is my vote !!
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#9]
The SP01 with a light is the perfect nightstand weapon IMO. 20 rounds of 9mm available when using a 19rd mag. I love my Shadow.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top