Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2017 4:06:05 PM EDT
My buddy was given this gun as a gift. CZ Customs makes a few of these each year. They are about $5000. And you know what, it is worth every penny.

I have never shot a pistol like this in my life. I have a few 22lr target pistols that have 1lb trigger on them, but no major caliber pistols with a trigger that light. While the trigger on the Czechmate breaks at about 1 pound, it is the crispest and cleanest trigger I have ever pulled on a pistol. There is no over-travel and the trigger reset is measured in millimeters. The trigger is mind-blowing. But the trigger is NOT the only highlight.

For me the big 3 hole comp on the end of the pistol is pretty amazing; the gun has absolutely no recoil. None, zero, nada. The muzzle simply does not rise AT ALL. But that comp sure barks! It is loud! The escaping gases must rush up pretty forcefully, because each time I fired it, chunks and bits of the pressed material ceiling tiles in the range would rain down. It looked like it was snowing in my lane at the range after each shot. Shoot quickly, and the snow just keeps raining down.

Between the amazing trigger, the total absence of recoil, the loud bark of the comp, and the ceiling tile snow...the whole experience was actually a bit surreal.

Is it accurate. I'm actually a pretty decent shot, but I produced the best 5 shot group at 10 yards that I have EVER fired with a 9mm pistol. A dime would cover every group I shot.

Here is the first group I shot
5 rounds at 10 yards shot offhand standing

Do I want a Czechmate? Uh, HELL YES! Can I spend $5K on one gun right now? Ever? Definitely not right now, possibly never. The good thing is, this gun belongs to a good friend and I can borrow it and shoot it whenever I like. He manages one of the local gun shop/ranges I frequent, and keeps it in a locker at the shop. So it is always there.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 4:21:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Pure sex !!  
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 4:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I’d love a chance to shoot one.  

Even a 75 series cz with a tuned up trigger is a pleasure to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 8:22:50 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a reason that the Nazis put the Czechs to work building weapons after they took over...dudes can straight up build some sick guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top