Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2017 11:20:43 AM EDT
After really liking other people's P07s and P09s I snagged my own. I think it's a steal at $479.

Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:33:33 AM EDT
[#1]
nice

Put a snap cap in the chamber, some cotton cloth between the firing pin and hammer and then dry fire it like 1000 times single action

Trigger will be smooth and noticably lighter
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:41:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Woah, you got that for $479.  I would say that is a steal.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 12:00:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Woah, you got that for $479.  I would say that is a steal.
View Quote
Tooele Shooting Supply and they also let you do 60 day layaway. Makes it a little easier on the bank account lol
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#4]
If you do not plan to do a trigger job one thing you can do to take the stacking out of the trigger the trigger bar spring can be bent down just a slight bit and it will minimize that feeling.  Two things I would change kind of like a reliability upgrade is the firing pin retaining pin and lighter trigger return from CGW.  The stock ones are fine but they are the two weakest parts of the pistol.

Nice pistol love my P09.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you do not plan to do a trigger job one thing you can do to take the stacking out of the trigger the trigger bar spring can be bent down just a slight bit and it will minimize that feeling.  Two things I would change kind of like a reliability upgrade is the firing pin retaining pin and lighter trigger return from CGW.  The stock ones are fine but they are the two weakest parts of the pistol.

Nice pistol love my P09.
View Quote
Thanks I probably will get a trigger job eventually.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool if you need hints on stuff let me know I have already done a few and their are some hints that make life much easier.  The Omega is actually easier to do the trigger upgrade than the 75 trigger.

I have the duty pack in my P09 and the trigger is so sweet I can get a 90+% hit rate at 100m and at 50m I can most times get 100% hit rate on an IPSC steel torso target maybe missing 1 because I pull it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 10:40:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Cool if you need hints on stuff let me know I have already done a few and their are some hints that make life much easier.  The Omega is actually easier to do the trigger upgrade than the 75 trigger.

I have the duty pack in my P09 and the trigger is so sweet I can get a 90+% hit rate at 100m and at 50m I can most times get 100% hit rate on an IPSC steel torso target maybe missing 1 because I pull it.
View Quote
What is this upgrade you speak of? I'd be interested. Bought my first CZ a few months ago. Love it!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 11:14:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What is this upgrade you speak of? I'd be interested. Bought my first CZ a few months ago. Love it!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126406/IMG_2035-323216.JPG
View Quote
https://cajungunworks.com/product/p-07-p-09-pro-grade-package/
It helps to have an armorers block.  I have two i sandwich the slide in a vise to drive out the stock firing pin retaining pin.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/hpin/.
Get one of these for th hammer strut connection.

I use two of these to sandwich the slide and for driving out pins on the frame.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/265720/wheeler-engineering-bench-block

Get a good set of punches and a longer set of needle nose pliers you will need for the trigger return spring.  

Good video that explains all the parts and good for reference on your first time.
P 09 CGW Hammer Kit Install 2 8 14
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 10:13:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126406/IMG_2035-323216.JPG
View Quote
I think i need to see some more pics of that setup....
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 3:48:54 PM EDT
[#10]
First 17 round group at 7 yards.

Link Posted: 10/4/2017 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Keep going it gets better the more you shoot it and the trigger smoothes out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top