Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2017 6:31:18 PM EDT
I'm looking to upgrade my "B" with night sights.

The CZUSA shop has Metprolite sets #4-#6. Which number corresponds with a standard factory set?

Also CZCustom.com has sights. Are the CZC Trijicon® Tritium Rear Sight Tactical Short 2 dot rear and front sight Gold outline 6.0mm the same height as standard factory sights?

Of the two options which is considered the better?

Any feedback and advice is appreciated.

Thx

BTW - The CZC website says the new front sight needs to be drilled after the sight is in the dovetail prior to installing the new front sight pin, which is recommended.  

With the 75 having a transverse dovetail cut & roll pin direction why is this needed?

Addition - I think I figured out the front sight dovetail situation.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 11:25:38 PM EDT
[#1]
For front sight installation I would not drill it.  The way i did mine was slide it in, marked it with the drill. Then put the front sight in a small vice and used a dremel tool cutting wheel. Took my time doing the process.  I can't remember which side I punched it out.

The sights I am running are trijicons with the back yellow and the front green.  They look like the traditional sights.  With that said in most lighting conditions I am faster with fiber optic.  I know it has some disadvantages in certain low light conditions.  But like I said in most lighting conditions I am faster with it.
Check out Sootch00's video on installing night sights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__aMedlngX4
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 7:10:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the feedback.  

I think I'm going to go with the CZC trijicon sights. I'll be taking the 75 to my gunsmith for the install, and will mention your technique to him.

Thx again.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 8:52:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I think, so far, I've broken 3 drill bits trying to drill those front sights.  The notch in the barrel bushing is already there so the drill bit is only removing metal from the spot in the bottom of the front sight.

On two of mine I ended up using a triangular file to finish cutting the notches after breaking the drill bits.  I ordered spares (drill bits) last time I broke those two, but the dremel cut off wheel trick has got to be way easier than filing it out.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 12:55:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Yea I'm nervous that using a drill (motorized) would mess with the finish.

As indicated I think if one can indicate where to cut with a drill bit (hand turned) then using Mr. Dremel or a triangle file would be best. My gunsmith always takes a measured approach to things.

He's installing a set of night sights on my P-10C now.

Thx.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top