Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2017 8:56:51 AM EDT
Picked up a P01 Omega, really liking it.  

I have smaller hands, and would like to get some slimmer grips, but I'm really liking the rubberized grips that came on the gun for the feel.

Looking around online, not really seeing anything for slimmer rubber grips for the P01 Omega.

Any other options other than non rubberized grips?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:31:14 AM EDT
[#1]
No because rubber isn't super strong and needs to be thick....

.... Unless of course you just put rubber tape on some ultra thin alumagrips

Also rubber is not just about traction, the slight "give" in rubber makes the gripping area conform ever so slightly which provides even more traction with mini "u" deformations at pressure points

My hands are tiny, and I love the CZ rubber grips. You must be like 4ft tall?
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I never liked the rubber grips even though I did like the palm swells.  When my hands start sweating on a hot day they lost all grip.  I replaced the grips on my SP-01 with some Pachmyr grips.  They do not have the swells and are very thin I may end up replacing them with some VZ grips that have the swells.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 11:25:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Get some of the thin aluminum grips and coat them with Plastidip, skateboard tape, etc.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 4:49:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I never liked the rubber grips even though I did like the palm swells.  When my hands start sweating on a hot day they lost all grip.  I replaced the grips on my SP-01 with some Pachmyr grips.  They do not have the swells and are very thin I may end up replacing them with some VZ grips that have the swells.
View Quote
These have been giving me the vapors. I think I'm gonna have to get a set.

http://lokgrips.com/gun-grips/cz-75/palm-swell/bogies/blue-black-g10/
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 6:52:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ultimately, the palm swells weren't that bad overall, my first 200 rounds were on a afternoon and I did notice with sweat, I was losing the grip some.  My thought was smaller grips would be better control and worst case some some skate board tape here and there, but after looking at the link above, those grips may fit the bill if they work as advertised.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 8:49:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ultimately, the palm swells weren't that bad overall, my first 200 rounds were on a afternoon and I did notice with sweat, I was losing the grip some.  My thought was smaller grips would be better control and worst case some some skate board tape here and there, but after looking at the link above, those grips may fit the bill if they work as advertised.
View Quote
Most G10 grips are more than adequate at increasing grip.  Some are very aggressive and some are just right.  If they are to aggressive a few seconds with a fine grit sand paper can dehorn them just enough to take away the chewing effect some have.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#7]
My hands must be the perfect size for the stock rubber palm swell grips. Does not matter whether my hands are dry or sweaty, those grips just plant my SP01 Shadow into my palm. Not a big guy, but my hands are fairly large for my size.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 2:58:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got XXL hands and the factory rubber grips still feel fantastic.

But they do get slick quick. Some golfball dimpled G10 with the swells sound like they'd be about perfect. Might have to order a pair next week.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#9]
CZ 75 P-01 with LOK Blue Black Bogie Palm Swells G10.
Attachment Attached File

Same gun, but with LOK Checkered Orange Black G10
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 2:34:35 AM EDT
[#10]
I think you sold me.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
CZ 75 P-01 with LOK Blue Black Bogie Palm Swells G10.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/37420/20170226_135810-321729.JPG
View Quote
Grips came in over the weekend.  Looks like we own the same gun.

HUGE difference, and the grips are FANTASTIC as is for myself, no sanding needed.

Thanks for the input!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Which ones did you go with?
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:20:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Per the invoice - CZ 75 Palm Swell Bogie Blue Black G-10 with thumb relief.  Size - Compact

I'd always thought I liked slimmer grips, but not in this case.  Fits like a glove and better than skate board tape.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:15:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Happy to be of assistance.  I bought the Bogies but originally thought they were too big for my short fingers.  Hence the checkered orange stocks.  However, I could never get a very comfortable grip on the checkered stocks.  I decided to go back to the Bogies, and I'm glad I did.  They feel so much better in the hand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top