Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2017 4:28:05 PM EDT
I've got a CZ P-09 in FDE that has started having issues.  Specifically, when manually manipulating the hammer from hammer down to hammer back, single action, the hammer sticks and results in a dead trigger and lack of hammer drop until I manually push the hammer forward.  Additionally, the double action pull is no longer smooth.  In fact, the first 3/4 of the travel is as normal but then I hit a VERY stiff wall prior to break.  I mean on the order of 15-lbs.  I did a complete disassembly and clean to no avail.  When I disassembled, the sear looked normal...Anyone have any thoughts?  Should I just CGW pro-package it and call it a day?
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 6:44:33 PM EDT
[#1]
How far did you disassemble?  Field strip or full detail?

Here is a video so you can go through the assembly disassembly verify everything is in place.
P 09 CGW Hammer Kit Install 2 8 14
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 9:50:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How far did you disassemble?  Field strip or full detail?

Here is a video so you can go through the assembly disassembly verify everything is in place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChRsfL_xyHs
View Quote
Full detail strip. Everything is in the place it should be.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 10:48:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Full detail strip. Everything is in the place it should be.
View Quote
Can you get pics of the trigger group/sear area?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:00:27 PM EDT
[#4]
God it feels good to figure shit out!

Here's a little summary of what was going on:

Problem Statement:  Hammer would catch in the rearward most position when manually placed in single action.  Additionally, double action was extremely stout, 15+ lbs.

Solution:  Well, I had to tear down the pistol completely.  Everything in the sear cage was removed as was the trigger and trigger bar.  I slightly polished the trigger bar and noticed a couple things when doing so.  There is a flat at the rear of the trigger bar that interfaces with the roller bearing.  This had a rather sharp transition, almost burr-like, and was polished to mirror finish.  Additionally, I noticed the polymer slot that the hammer rides in had a "burr" of sorts and was interfering with the travel of the hammer.  Finally, I noticed that the hammer strut pin had walked out a bit.  It was reset to flush.  Oiled up the trigger bar/roller bearing interface as well as the disconnector/hammer interface and reassembled.

DA has dropped back down to normal, if not a bit better.  I'd say right about 8 lbs.  Hammer no longer sticks.

Now to go blast some steel!  

Scratch that...Issue is back after dryfiring a bit...

ETA again:  It's definitely the hammer strut pin walking out and dragging on the sear cage.  Took it all apart again and it was out by about 1.5mm.  Reassembled doing nothing else and its back to "normal".  We'll see how long this lasts this time but this is the first I've ever seen this issue.  Anyone else?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top