Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2017 6:40:11 PM EDT
For those that have one what's your thoughts and feedback on this model?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:42:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine is my EDC, and it's probably one of my favorite pistols to shoot and carry.

The PCR was my first CZ, I was looking into picking one up because I liked the CZ design from shooting them before, and because I wanted a new "mid-sized" carry gun that was bigger than my Shield but smaller than my Sig 2022 or M&P full size.  The beauty of the PCR is it's right in that same mid-size form factor as a Glock 19, which is exactly what I wanted except I prefer DA/SA, and the aluminum frame helps keep the weight down while still having a full metal construction (I think it's 3 or 4 oz heavier than a G19).  I didn't need a light on my carry gun, so the lack of a rail helps keep it more compact over say the P-01.

Out of the box I really liked it, but the trigger isn't the best.  It's not horrible, but more modern DA/SA designs are better from the factory.  So I swapped out many of the internals for CGW parts and the trigger improved dramatically.  It's got the best trigger of all my pistols now IMO.  I also swapped the sights to blacked out rear and fiber front and put some slimmer grips on it.

Overall, I love the thing.  It's all metal but not very heavy, it is very accurate and a pleasure to shoot with the CGW parts, and holdss 14+1 while still being surprisingly compact in size.

Link Posted: 9/8/2017 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I love it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Just got one last month maybe 300 rounds through it.  I want to like it.  Its getting over the long ass trigger pull and not really digging the factory sights that bothers me the most...

User problems...
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Liked mine better after putting VZ grips on it, made the grip a little thinner.   It's accurate & reliable.   The transition from DA to SA on quick shots is almost irrelevant to me.  I almost wanted to dislike it, but every time I shoot it I appreciate how sweet it is.  Wish the mags were cheaper.  The good news is I modified my G19 holsters to fit the PCR.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 1:52:37 AM EDT
[#5]
It's late, and I want to go to bed, but not before giving you my opinion of the PCR I currently own.

It is one of the best pistols I own. I like it so much, I am going to give it to my soon to be daughter in law to keep her safe
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 2:14:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Love mine, added tritium sights, perfect.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 4:53:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Truly one of the best CCW pistols ever built. The only reason I don't carry one any more is I found holsters and belts that allow me to carry larger frame pistols concealed without any issue. If not, the PCR would still be one of my number one czoices for a CCW pistol...thought the P-10C is fast coming up from behind on that one! Seriously, the PCR is, to me, an outstanding selection for CCW/self defense.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 1:45:42 AM EDT
[#8]
And to preemptively replace my PCR, I have this: the CZ 99021

Link Posted: 9/11/2017 5:07:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought one about 2 weeks ago.  I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, so I'll get back to you
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 9:12:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine is my EDC, and it's probably one of my favorite pistols to shoot and carry.

The PCR was my first CZ, I was looking into picking one up because I liked the CZ design from shooting them before, and because I wanted a new "mid-sized" carry gun that was bigger than my Shield but smaller than my Sig 2022 or M&P full size.  The beauty of the PCR is it's right in that same mid-size form factor as a Glock 19, which is exactly what I wanted except I prefer DA/SA, and the aluminum frame helps keep the weight down while still having a full metal construction (I think it's 3 or 4 oz heavier than a G19).  I didn't need a light on my carry gun, so the lack of a rail helps keep it more compact over say the P-01.

Out of the box I really liked it, but the trigger isn't the best.  It's not horrible, but more modern DA/SA designs are better from the factory.  So I swapped out many of the internals for CGW parts and the trigger improved dramatically.  It's got the best trigger of all my pistols now IMO.  I also swapped the sights to blacked out rear and fiber front and put some slimmer grips on it.

Overall, I love the thing.  It's all metal but not very heavy, it is very accurate and a pleasure to shoot with the CGW parts, and holdss 14+1 while still being surprisingly compact in size.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypxdt8kp4mmmcqq/2017-09-08%2010.30.13.jpg?raw=1
View Quote
I'll ask here since it relates to my only problem with the gun and the rest of my thoughts mirror yours, what baseplate is on the pictured magazine?  The stock metal PCR magazine baseplate sticks out proud of the grip and hits my pinky finger, so I've been looking for P-01 magazine baseplates while I wait on my holster.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'll ask here since it relates to my only problem with the gun and the rest of my thoughts mirror yours, what baseplate is on the pictured magazine?  The stock metal PCR magazine baseplate sticks out proud of the grip and hits my pinky finger, so I've been looking for P-01 magazine baseplates while I wait on my holster.
View Quote
That is actually a baseplate off a POS Pro-Mag M9 magazine.   I used it for the same reason you state, the metal ones suck on the compact frame.  However, it's not a perfect fit, so I can't really recommend.

The rubber coated CZ baseplates like the P-01 come with can be bought from cajun gun works, I have those on all my spare mags.  There are also some smaller aluminum options from aftermarket manufacturers, but they're pretty spendy for a baseplate.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:31:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
The rubber base pads CZ sells for 8 or 9 bucks are the best option.

I swapped the flat steel floorplates out on all my Mec-Gars for them.

I get mine from here, sometimes he has Mec-Gars for sale with the pad already on for 26 bucks. When the site isn't down because of a hurricane.

Greg Cote LLC
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:49:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That is actually a baseplate off a POS Pro-Mag M9 magazine.   I used it for the same reason you state, the metal ones suck on the compact frame.  However, it's not a perfect fit, so I can't really recommend.

The rubber coated CZ baseplates like the P-01 come with can be bought from cajun gun works, I have those on all my spare mags.  There are also some smaller aluminum options from aftermarket manufacturers, but they're pretty spendy for a baseplate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha, thanks anyways.

Quoted:

The rubber base pads CZ sells for 8 or 9 bucks are the best option.

I swapped the flat steel floorplates out on all my Mec-Gars for them.

I get mine from here, sometimes he has Mec-Gars for sale with the pad already on for 26 bucks. When the site isn't down because of a hurricane.

Greg Cote LLC
I was about to order a few from them last week actually, then I saw the fit of the one D_Man posted looked like it might be a little more in line with the grip rather than flaring out like the P-01 baseplates.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:55:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Haha, thanks anyways.

I was about to order a few from them last week actually, then I saw the fit of the one D_Man posted looked like it might be a little more in line with the grip rather than flaring out like the P-01 baseplates.
View Quote
I would still highly recommend the rubber base pads, they flair a bit bit it's still following the lines of the grip.  

The other changes I didn't mention; was I swapped out the mainspring plug with the flush one without the lanyard loop. Another feature that I didn't need and it makes it a bit more stream lined.  Then I also removed the loaded chamber indicator, again wasn't needed and that little nub bugged me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 12:55:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I go back and forth on the loop...it's useless too me..but damnit, I just like the way it looks.

The rubber basepads are the only way to fly though.

For an extended, this is a hard to beat price.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-factory-mecgar-magazines-c-173/mecgar-cz-75-compact-9mm-16-rd-extended-cz7516b0430177001-p-1639.html
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I've had one for a couple of years cajanized the trigger and hammer and never looked back. It's a taxi driver and light enough to carry all day.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Not to hijack the thread but I have a question.  I came across a CZ 75D compact that was in service with the Israeli Civilian Police. It looks like the PCR put its not called a PCR.
Would that be worth 400.00? Or better to buy a new PCR at 550?
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not to hijack the thread but I have a question.  I came across a CZ 75D compact that was in service with the Israeli Civilian Police. It looks like the PCR put its not called a PCR.
Would that be worth 400.00? Or better to buy a new PCR at 550?
View Quote
Got a pic?  It might have been a 75 D Compact with the standard compact steel frame and slide with narrowed front:

IMO, $400 might be a bit steep as all the ones I've seen have been in rough shape, plus being all steel they lack the nice lighter-weight that PCR offers.  But it's all about personal preference.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:55:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Got a pic?  It might have been a 75 D Compact with the standard compact steel frame and slide with narrowed front:

https://gunprime.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/2017-04-26-13.51.11.jpg

IMO, $400 might be a bit steep as all the ones I've seen have been in rough shape, plus being all steel they lack the nice lighter-weight that PCR offers.  But it's all about personal preference.
View Quote
That's it!  It is a 75D Compact from what I read its the Euro version of the P01 with no rail.  I didn't think of the all steel compared to the PCR. I was thinking 400 might have been a little high.
Thanks for the help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top