Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2017 1:45:42 PM EDT
I am going to order two of the Fiber optic front sights that CGW sells. I am doing both my P-07 and my P-09 so I still shoot both equally as well...  how hard is it to change these out ? I did change one on my old gen 1 P-07 Duty...it was a PITA to get the factory one out and then I had a bit of stone work on the bottom of the new sight to "fit it"  anything  you can add? thanks.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I just sent my slide off to CGW because I could not get the front sight out with a steel punch and a 4# sledge hammer.  FCZ for using yellow loctite to secure the front sight.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Remove allen screw

With brass punch, tap oem sight off the front of slide   ( both mine looked beaten up after removing)

Test fit new...might require light sanding on bottom of new sight

Gently tap into place. Secure with screw

Both of mine are DAWSON PRECISION but i suspect the CGW are the same

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just sent my slide off to CGW because I could not get the front sight out with a steel punch and a 4# sledge hammer.  FCZ for using yellow loctite to secure the front sight.
View Quote
Holy S%&t!  that hard?  yeh i don't want to damage my slide... did they say what the turn around time was? cost?  thanks
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Remove allen screw

With brass punch, tap oem sight off the front of slide   ( both mine looked beaten up after removing)

Test fit new...might require light sanding on bottom of new sight

Gently tap into place. Secure with screw

Both of mine are DAWSON PRECISION but i suspect the CGW are the same
View Quote
this is what I was hoping for...   I dread when the Gun industry becomes like the automotive industry...  where you have to take apart half the car to change a few plugs
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:17:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Forgot to add....

Field strip the gun, tape the slide with masking tape, secure in a solid padded vice

Both of mine were easy, but the original sight was peened by tapping them off
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:22:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Holy S%&t!  that hard?  yeh i don't want to damage my slide... did they say what the turn around time was? cost?  thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

About 7-10 days still waiting 30 sight install + 8 shipping back.  Yeah the fuckers at CZ thought it was a good idea to use yellow loctite.

Quoted:

Forgot to add....

Field strip the gun, tape the slide with masking tape, secure in a solid padded vice

Both of mine were easy, but the original sight was peened by tapping them off
Mine was nothing short of completely FUBAR and it did not budge.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:28:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Did you remove the allen screw ?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:42:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Did you remove the allen screw ?
View Quote
Yup first thing it was a breeze.  It was caked with the yellow loctite as well.  I heated with a torch, I froze the slide, and used the BFH method no budge.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:50:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine came  right out. If it's tight you can heat then freeze it. Use brass or nylon punch
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I haven't seen them use Loctite, so far.

Removed, or replaced, the front sights on three P07's and one P09 so far.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 11:47:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
This worked perfectly for me as well.
No signs of loctite on mine, but I definitely had to use the BFH and a brass punch.
Original front sight successfully removed, but mashed and no longer usable
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Once i removed the set screw a strong breeze could've blown my front sight out on my P07.  The rear however....holy fucking shit was that a complete pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:53:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Once i removed the set screw a strong breeze could've blown my front sight out on my P07.  The rear however....holy fucking shit was that a complete pain in the ass.
View Quote
Complete opposite experience with mine.  The rear with the set screw loosened I can move the front sight with enough thumb pressure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top