Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2017 10:22:16 AM EDT
Being that its from 92 what mags will work with this gun?

• OVERALL CONDITION NRA RATED GOOD
  • BORE CONDITION RATED VERY GOOD
  • MADE IN CZECHOSLOVAKIA
  • MANUFACTURED IN 1992
  • ORIGINAL MATTE FINISH
  • ONE 15-RD MAGAZINE INCLUDED
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#1]
If it has a firing pin block, then they all will.

If it doesn't, then the only ones that will work will be the really slippery-finish 16-round mags with the metal baseplate.

I have a CZ85 pre-b that I modified to accept the current 17 round magazines. If you do have a pre-b, buy a mec-gar 17 round mag and then strip the pistol down to the point of removing the sear pack, should just need to take tension off the hammer spring and remove the safety.Take a flat file to the *back* face of the magazine well and start taking off material. It's only going to be a few thousanths worth of material you take off. Keep test fitting the magazine until it will go in and come out freely, then use parts cleaner to blast the metal filings out of the frame, re-assemble, oil, and shoot. :3
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I use MecGar 16 and 19 in my 75 and SP-01.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Gun in question.

link
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use MecGar 16 and 19 in my 75 and SP-01.
View Quote
This.... the SP-01 mags work in the pre-b models. Pre B factory mags are still available and occasionally onsale from CZ but the sp-01 mags are a cheaper option and higher capacity too I believe.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 11:47:23 AM EDT
[#5]
They aren't too hard to convert.  Just need to file the metal where the magazine meets the frame. At the top and at the insertion point at the bottom.  

Just use a magic marker where you file to see where the magazines still rubs the metal and work it until is slides in without pressure.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Greg Cote is your friend.  Only place to buy CZ mags.

ETA, if your is a pre-B they carry those as well.  Just make sure you read before you buy.  Not as many options with pre-B though.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I think it depends on the gun for pre b's, some guns fit newer mags, other guns don't.  It's luck of the draw, but like someone else said you can file the frame down to fit newer mags.  There's a thread on the CZfirearms forum showing how to do it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:03:39 AM EDT
[#8]
No need to modify a pre-B when pre-B mags are available.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 7:44:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No need to modify a pre-B when pre-B mags are available.
View Quote
Of course there is. I wasn't going to be limited to 16 rounds or shell out for overpriced SP01 magazines when after a little filing I could run the MecGar 17/19 round mags.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:13:04 PM EDT
[#10]
To each his own.

Pre-Bs are rare and have some added value due to that.  

I'm not messing with my pre-B when I have B models that will take the higher cap mags.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 12:11:32 AM EDT
[#11]
From my experience any CZ75/85 produced since 1991 can use any of the newer mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top