Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2017 10:48:34 AM EDT
I wanted to get some opinions on a CZ Sp-01 Tactical in 9mm for a Duty weapon? This would be my first CZ. The only issue I am running into is there are not many retention holsters for this gun. I found a few from Blade-Tech, but that's about it. I would prefer Trijicon HD sights, but that seems out of the question unless I send it to the custom shop.

Any opinions would be welcomed!
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 2:54:31 PM EDT
[#1]
For proper retention: Safariland 6365.  They do have other variants.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 4:42:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For proper retention: Safariland 6365.  They do have other variants.
View Quote
I already looked with Safariland. They do not make a retention holster for the CZ SP-01 Tactical.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a SP-01 Tactica  for the range and the nightstand.  It is a heavy steel beast!  It is 100% reliable, fits my hand, low recoil, and very accurate.  The DA is much improved after I put in a CGW ultralite kit.  It's my favorite pistol!

However if I had to carry it all day, every day; I don't know if it would be my first choice, especially if my job required me to be "active."  If the weight doesn't bother you, it is a fine pistol.  Obviously a good holster is a must.

I am not recommending this since I have no experience with it, but IMI Defense makes a retention holster.

IMI Defense SP-01 Retention Roto holster
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:27:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I am not recommending this since I have no experience with it, but IMI Defense makes a retention holster.

IMI Defense SP-01 Retention Roto holster
View Quote
Have one. its very comparable to the Blackhawk cqc holster, downside is it uses a proprietary belt loop and is not compatible with tek-locks if that's your thing. Also some are not comfortable with the index finger release because apparently it can lead to accidental discharges but that's not to speak of the actual quality of the build.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I already looked with Safariland. They do not make a retention holster for the CZ SP-01 Tactical.
View Quote
Decockers should clear the holster.  Unless CZ changed the profile of the SP-01 T vs SP-01.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:41:30 PM EDT
[#6]
My SP-01 Tactical came with Night Sights. My P-01 didn't but swapping in a set of Tru-Dots took about 30 minutes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top