Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2017 11:34:36 AM EDT
Saw a CZ Tactical Sport Orange at my LGS about 7 months ago. I checked it out, immediately fell in love with it, but wanted to wait a day to think it over before dropping $1700 on it.

I went back the next day to get the gun and it was gone.

Fast forward to this past Saturday- I walk into my LGS, and what do I see?

Another CZ Tactical Sport Orange in 9mm.

I immediately bought it.

I am absolutely blown away with the fit and finish, and the trigger.

So is there anything special I need to know about the TS Orange? I've only had the polymer CZ's, so I'm not sure if this particular gun requires anything special?

2017-03-27_08-07-29 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats, beautiful gun. Nice purchase!
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Beautiful!  I feel the same way, and hope to take delivery of mine by the end of this week.

From what I've gathered so far;

- The big complaint is that the magwell on the frame isn't beveled into the add-on mag funnel. There's a big ledge that can hang-up the feed-lips of your mag when doing speed reloads.

- I'm not a fan of the plastic trigger, but to get the exact same shape and size trigger in aluminum requires me to order right from The Czech Republic.  I'm not sure I want to deal with that just yet

- The polymer guide rod buffer wear out after about 200 rounds.  Two better options include running without the buffer, or getting a DPM recoil reduction guide-rod.

None of these are show-stoppers for me.  I'm really looking forward to enjoying the freakish accuracy and custom hand-fit details of this fine pistol!
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:13:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Saw a CZ Tactical Sport Orange at my LGS about 7 months ago. I checked it out, immediately fell in love with it, but wanted to wait a day to think it over before dropping $1700 on it.

I went back the next day to get the gun and it was gone.

Fast forward to this past Saturday- I walk into my LGS, and what do I see?

Another CZ Tactical Sport Orange in 9mm.

I immediately bought it.

I am absolutely blown away with the fit and finish, and the trigger.

So is there anything special I need to know about the TS Orange? I've only had the polymer CZ's, so I'm not sure if this particular gun requires anything special?

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2810/33649935926_b57824f338_o.jpg2017-03-27_08-07-29 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr
View Quote

You will need to blend the magwell to make it game ready if it's anything like the rest of them. Easily accomplished with a file.

Get a shadow 2 as well and replace the safety with the spare included with the S2. ...unless of course you have massive bear paws that can actually reach that stock safety with ease.

Grab some base pads from czc and some follower spring/follower kits and bump the capacity up a bit.

I had to chop the slide stop to keep it from accidentally locking the slide back on me as well. The included pins do this but I didn't like the large square hole left when they're used.

Been rocking mine (a .40cal) in USPSA for a couple months now.  I love it now that I've gotten those few issues taken care of.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:32:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice!
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:51:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Damn that's nice looking.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:29:09 AM EDT
[#6]
That is gorgeous
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#7]
.40?
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Beautiful!  I feel the same way, and hope to take delivery of mine by the end of this week.

- The big complaint is that the magwell on the frame isn't beveled into the add-on mag funnel. There's a big ledge that can hang-up the feed-lips of your mag when doing speed reloads.

- I'm not a fan of the plastic trigger, but to get the exact same shape and size trigger in aluminum requires me to order right from The Czech Republic.  I'm not sure I want to deal with that just yet

- The polymer guide rod buffer wear out after about 200 rounds.  Two better options include running without the buffer, or getting a DPM recoil reduction guide-rod.

None of these are show-stoppers for me.  I'm really looking forward to enjoying the freakish accuracy and custom hand-fit details of this fine pistol!
View Quote
Im pretty sure that gun doesn't have a plastic trigger
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm very sure you're mistaken . . .

Unless I have the only TSO with a plastic trigger.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 8:51:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Congrats, the plastic trigger is the wierdest thing about them. I'm curious if there was some kind of reasoning behind it, it flexes quite a bit.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 11:12:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Am I the only one that thinks it's odd that these above problems exist on a $1700 pistol?
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
They are plastic.

Also, above someone mentioned having to order a metal trigger from  czub directly. There is a guy out of Florida importing czub parts direct. Of course the orange is out-of-stock.

armorycraft.com

HERE
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Also, above someone mentioned having to order a metal trigger from  czub directly. There is a guy out of Florida importing czub parts direct. Of course the orange is out-of-stock.

armorycraft.com

HERE
View Quote
Score!

Thank you
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 9:31:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, you have a 1700 dollar gun with a plastic trigger.

It's obviously not considered a high-stress part.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nope, you have a 1700 dollar gun with a plastic trigger.

It's obviously not considered a high-stress part.
View Quote
Best plastic trigger I have ever had the pleasure to pull.

Non issue.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Non issue.
View Quote
Don't Glocks and M7P's and XD's and basically every polymer pistol on the planet have a plastic trigger? Or am I mistaken?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 9:13:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Don't Glocks and M7P's and XD's and basically every polymer pistol on the planet have a plastic trigger? Or am I mistaken?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Non issue.
Yes but his one is "more better".
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes but his one is "more better".
View Quote
I can't disagree seeing as how I own one. I was pointing it out to the folks who were trying to make it out to be a negative.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
On my two TSO's, the factory trigger is plastic.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:11:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

On my two TSO's, the factory trigger is plastic.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/241349/IMG-1230-213616.JPG
View Quote
You know every one here hates you, right?

What grips are on the top one?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice gun OP. Love the look on the orange.

Are the TS triggers compatible with the standard CZ 75 triggers? If so, I bought that same trigger for my 97B from CZ custom. It was aluminum.

You'll probably need the trigger pin pinch that Cajun Gun Works sells to install it though. I also recommend their floating trigger pin. They probably sell that trigger too now that I think about it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Nice gun OP. Love the look on the orange.

Are the TS triggers compatible with the standard CZ 75 triggers? If so, I bought that same trigger for my 97B from CZ custom. It was aluminum.

You'll probably need the trigger pin pinch that Cajun Gun Works sells to install it though. I also recommend their floating trigger pin. They probably sell that trigger too now that I think about it.
View Quote
They are not the same. The trigger is the one used for the Czechmate which is narrower.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They are not the same. The trigger is the one used for the Czechmate which is narrower.
View Quote
Ah that sucks, didn't know that. I'll keep that in mind if I ever get a TS.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:23:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Incorrect.

If you buy the flat-blade aluminum trigger from Cajun for the TS, it's a drop-in.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You know every one here hates you, right?

What grips are on the top one?
View Quote
Thin Bogies from LOK.... I highly recommend them.  Just trim to length for the mag-well.

Grips
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top