Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2017 1:38:25 PM EDT
Hello, all.

I am searching for a "bulletproof" pistol.  By that, I mean a tough one that will take abuse and stay reliable.  I would rather not have a Glock, but may have to.  My CZ-75SA was bleeding tough.  

How is the CZ-P09 or P10?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 2:31:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello, all.

I am searching for a "bulletproof" pistol.  By that, I mean a tough one that will take abuse and stay reliable.  I would rather not have a Glock, but may have to.  My CZ-75SA was bleeding tough.  

How is the CZ-P09 or P10?
View Quote

How about the 1911 it's been tested reliable for over a 100 years !
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How about the 1911 it's been tested reliable for over a 100 years !
View Quote

Own 4 and I would never say they are anywhere near as reliable as one of my modern pistols.

OP lots of great choices other than Glock.  CZ P10 looks like it might be a good contender we will see, M&P 2.0 looks good, Sig P22x and P320, HK USP P30 VP9, Walther PPQ, list goes on if Glock is out.  I carry a G19 because it is boring reliable and boring simple but I love lots of pistols and would have no problem carrying a lot of different one but I am committed to my Glock.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Beretta 92/M9 pistols are superbly reliable if you practice even a modicum of PM and the Battlefield Vegas thread backs this up. I'm a big Glock fan but the Beretta is a very durable and reliable pistol.

The new poly CZs just don't have a long enough track record to speak to long term durability.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Purchase a Cz75 of course.  Yar in that CZ forum.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:59:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah OP, it's call the CZ P-01 ... It went thru some of the most torturist trials I've ever heard of before being adopted by the Czech National Police... It's one I rely on everyday. I've got thousands of rounds thru said pistol without a hiccup... If you are looking for something just a bit bigger the SP-01 is a fantastic choice as well... As always with anything you are going to carry... vet it thoroughly with your carry load of choice before stuffing it into a holster and strapping it on your hip. 200-300 rounds of ball and 100 rounds of choice carry ammo thru said semi-auto pistol is my standard vetting process. YMMV...
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:02:41 AM EDT
[#6]
You should probably stay away from the Omega triggered CZ's because of the trigger return spring breakage issue.

My personal go to hell and back pistols are currently M&Ps. So far they have ran better for me that any other pistol that I have tried.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#7]
If that was your only criterion, I'd go with a USP or G19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top