Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2017 5:35:21 PM EDT
Hello!

Just got my first CZ, a SP-01.  This is also my first my all metal pistol. My question is about lubrication.  I use Caseys synthetic in everything else I own.  I have heard that some use a grease on the rails. Any info would help.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I use Slip2000 EWG grease on all the metal to metal surfaces, including the rails.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Mobil 1 syn bearing grease.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 11:15:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I just put a couple of drops of Mobil 1 on each end of each rail in the frame.  Not the slide, the frame.  If you put a drop in each end of the slide rails and then install the slide most of the lube stays at the front.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 9:35:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 9:36:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Tears of your enemies?
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I use grease lightly on the rails and anywhere metal impacts metal, most notably the lugs on the barrel and inside the slide. Most everything else just gets a light coat of oil.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:33:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Whatever free synthetic lube I get at matches in the goody bags. Right now it's RAND CLP.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the info.  Got her all greased and oiled up.  Heading to the range for our first date tonight!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hello!

Just got my first CZ, a SP-01.  This is also my first my all metal pistol. My question is about lubrication.  I use Caseys synthetic in everything else I own.  I have heard that some use a grease on the rails. Any info would help.
View Quote

The lubrication properties required for a handgun are very easily met.  A car's engine has 50X more strain on a lubricant than a handgun will ever need even under the most arduous of circumstances.  So simple motor oil (and NO it doesn't have to be synthetic) is easily 10X more high tech of a lubricant than you'll ever need for a handgun.  Pretty much ANY motor oil will do the job more than adequately.  Many of the gun specific products are just re-packaged automotive or hydraulic oils.  Then they simply put the product in a 4oz bottle, and charge 30x more for the re-packaged product.  4oz bottles of firearm lubricant can run as much as $12.00 which is appalling considering it is likely a re-packaged motor oil that's typically $5.00 per QUART.  

One of the main reasons we use oil rather than grease in most firearms applications is because oil will not only lubricate, but it will also transport debris out of the areas where there are working/mating surfaces.  

So what that means is, oil is supposed to run off; it's not supposed to be applied to parts and remain there always.  Something users of dry lube or grease are trying to achieve when they choose such lubricants.  When you choose a dry lube or grease, you're giving up one of the two elements that make oil so great as a firearm lubricant.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:24:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I've been using the little container of Moly grease I got for free from CZ custom shop. It was specifically for my ss 75B but, they all get it. Feels like ball bearings after you rack them a few times. Good stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top