Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2017 10:38:31 PM EDT
Just got a new to me CZ83 in .380 dated 1989. I picked up a Wolff spring kit to rehab it. I'm having a few (what I hope are) minor issues.

1. The slide stop spring just fell out. It appears to be a paper clip with a small kink in it. I can't figure out how to install it.

2. The rounds are nosediving in the magazine. It caused quite a few failures on range day. They were bought as new mags

3. The magazine release is VERY hard to push down. I don't know if my CZ75 has me spoiled but this literally hurts my thumb and takes 2 hands to release.

I like the gun otherwise and I suppose I shouldn't complain for $250
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 3:52:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just got a new to me CZ83 in .380 dated 1989. I picked up a Wolff spring kit to rehab it. I'm having a few (what I hope are) minor issues.

1. The slide stop spring just fell out. It appears to be a paper clip with a small kink in it. I can't figure out how to install it.

This spring loops around the pin that the trigger guard latches onto (either a roll pin or solid pin depending on age). This spring design is typically a sickle shape on the older guns. It may have gotten out of alignment and crushed by the trigger guard due to improper installtion, so it might be bent out of proper shape. Can you share a picture of the spring, as well as a picture of the type of trigger guard pin your gun has? That will determine installation method.

2. The rounds are nosediving in the magazine. It caused quite a few failures on range day. They were bought as new mags

Are they marked "CZ-Mfg" on the floor plate? If so, these are knockoffs with known reliability issues.

3. The magazine release is VERY hard to push down. I don't know if my CZ75 has me spoiled but this literally hurts my thumb and takes 2 hands to release.

I would recommend pulling out the trigger guard and removing the magazine catch parts, and giving them a good clean/light lubrication before reinstalling. The CZ 83 mag catch is not real well designed and will never be that smooth, however.

I like the gun otherwise and I suppose I shouldn't complain for $250
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Crap, that would appear to be the magazines I have. Do you know where to pick up factory CZ83 mags
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#3]
What type of ammo? I had a similar problem with them feeding properly. Turned out the bullet was too "pointy"
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:48:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Crap, that would appear to be the magazines I have. Do you know where to pick up factory CZ83 mags
View Quote

Originals are expensive, around $50 at CZUSA. KeepShooting.com has some good reproduction for under $20. I have ran hundreds of rounds with them with out any issues.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:49:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What type of ammo? I had a similar problem with them feeding properly. Turned out the bullet was too "pointy"
View Quote

Wow, what 380 acp or 9x18 bullet was "too pointy " ? They all seem fairly blunt and rounded.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top