Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 4:54:03 PM EDT
I have one and it seems to be a good gun. Since STAR is no longer around, I am concerned about parts breakage if I ever break anything.

I do not believe they imported very many of these since it is my understanding that STAR primarily made them for the American market. I rarelt come across them in the forums and have never seen another one at gun shows or the range. Since it my lower end 45 (have two Colts), should I keep pounding away with it, or, because of it's rareity, put her away for my son. In the case of STARs, I do not know if rareity really requates to collectibility of any kind.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I should add that I'm not talking about Stars in general, but the 45 ACP model PS.

I do not think I made it clear in my origianal post and I do not believe I can edit it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure. I had a thread tacked that I put together of links for parts and information. The best source was the Ipar link which was a company in Spain producing parts for Stars. The link has been dead for a while so I don't know if they closed their doors or the site has just been down. A member here did order parts from them and was quite happy with them.

I wish someone stateside would produce parts, Star made great pistols. I love mine, hope to get a model BM 9mm here shortly. Don't know about collectability, it might now or eventually. I've never seen or heard of a PS model. Can you post pics I wouldn't mind seeing it. Sorry for not much help, but you can check the other links I and other members found you might get more information.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as not shooting it. I do that with mine. I love but I don't shoot it often for the same reasons as you. I like it so much I don't want it break something and not be able to shoot it anymore. I usually take it out every few months and put a couple magazines through it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not sure how to post a pic, but the model "PS" is a slightly modified version of the Model "P" (45ACP). I believe the only difference is that it has a magazine safety. It looks almost identical to a Colt 1911A1 except it does not have a grip safety and it has an external extractor. It also has crappy brown plastic grips. I bought mine back in early 1970s. It was imported by The Garcia Corporation.

Someone once told me that they use (or used to 20 years ago) the STAR model P (or PS) in movies a lot because for some reason a STAR 45 will work with blanks and regular Colts will not. I remember carefully watching movies back then and did see several STARs. You can readilly tell them because of the external extractor.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:18:20 AM EDT
[#5]
It's easy posting a pic. Just use www.photobucket.com or www.imageshack.com  which are free hosting sites. Upload them there. Then come back here and type a post and click the small icon above the smilies that has a little mountain. Insert the URL that is below the image at the site you hosted it at and voila.

Seems interesting. I'm gonna look into them. Kinda sounds like a Ballaster-Molina type pistol then.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info on posting a picture.

Here are the right and left sides of my STAR Model PS.

Pretty much the same as a government model 1911A1. I also have a Marvel Unit 1 22 conversdion upper which works on my Colts but not the STAR.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top