Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/16/2015 8:47:07 PM EDT
Looks pretty sweet. A Sig P226-like pistol hopefully at a more competitive price point:

...and yes, they have a US distributor. See comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KIZFN1q_2g

Link Posted: 9/16/2015 9:40:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Any idea worth having is worth stealing!
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 9:57:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty damn cool video if nothing else. I'd take a nice look at it when it shows up.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 9:59:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Wonder how their trigger bars hold up
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Arex has another vid on YT it shows three models: full size, combat, and compact.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Reminds me of the CZ-999 I had.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#6]
uhhh, Zastava EZ9 ripoff?
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 10:19:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I was expecting a CZ99 style gun but watching the video it's clearly a Sig P226 clone that appears to be nicely made. The separate slide stop and decocker are big hints that it's not a CZ99 style.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 1:29:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Personally I really like this pistol and it will be mine if ever imported.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 5:56:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Updated EZ9. Looks pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks about like a CZ99/Golan/TZ99/KBI/EZ9/EZ99/CZ999 with a safety and missing the right side of the decocker.  Not complaining, but why not just grab a CZ999?
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 7:09:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks about like a CZ99/Golan/TZ99/KBI/EZ9/EZ99/CZ999 with a safety and missing the right side of the decocker.  Not complaining, but why not just grab a CZ999?
View Quote

because like PT Barnum said, "there is a sucker born every minute."
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 8:20:29 AM EDT
[#12]
It can join the Strike One as the latest offering in handguns from overseas.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#13]
If it's built and engineered in Slovenia, It's worth buying !...Slovenia was the most advanced and had best educated population out of the
former Yugoslav Republics, and the YT video clip gives the viewer a very good Idea of the advanced manufacturing and design of the
pistol.

It does obviously follow the SIG-226 design/pattern with some added advancements/Improvements to the SIG-226 design, which is
certainly not a bad thing at all since the design is battle proven over the last 20 years or so...I certainly do like the added manual
safety that has been Incorporated Into the design of the pistol which gives It a more 1911 style ergonomic feel which I also like.

Slovenia of course has been a Independent Republic ever since it broke free from the Serbian dominated former Yugoslav Republic
back in 1991...
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 2:48:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Grand Power is also Slovakian as I recall, they make nice pistols.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 2:08:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, Grand Power is based in Slovakia.
REX is based in Slovenia.

Slovakia was part of the former Czechoslovakia.
Slovenia was part of the former Yugoslavia.

Different countries, different language, very similar in customs.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks , I like obscure foreign bargains. Everyone has a Glock, SW, etc.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:19:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I like obscure foreign bargains. Everyone has a Glock, SW, etc.
View Quote

are we sure this is going to be a bargain???
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like obscure foreign bargains. Everyone has a Glock, SW, etc.

Agree, it can be a roll of the dice, and future parts, forget about it. I have some outstanding foreign pistols but recognize the drawbacks mentioned.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I was in the market for a .45 and I found the SAR K2. I really want it but I'm afraid I will never be able to get a threaded barrel for it. Now I see this and I love evrything about it but the price.  If this was a little cheaper I would get one for sure. It looks like it will be around $800. With that kind of price and similar to the Sigs I will just spend the extra $ and get a Sig. If it was around a $600 price point I would consider it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 4:39:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I was in the market for a .45 and I found the SAR K2. I really want it but I'm afraid I will never be able to get a threaded barrel for it. Now I see this and I love evrything about it but the price.  If this was a little cheaper I would get one for sure. It looks like it will be around $800. With that kind of price and similar to the Sigs I will just spend the extra $ and get a Sig. If it was around a $600 price point I would consider it.
View Quote

Used Sigs can be had for less than $600, have commonly available mags and tons of aftermarket support. I'm interested in these pistols, but they would have to be outstanding to compete in that market.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If it's built and engineered in Slovenia, It's worth buying !...Slovenia was the most advanced and had best educated population out of the
former Yugoslav Republics, and the YT video clip gives the viewer a very good Idea of the advanced manufacturing and design of the
pistol.

Slovenia of course has been a Independent Republic ever since it broke free from the Serbian dominated former Yugoslav Republic
back in 1991...
View Quote

LOL just LOL

Price in Europe is around 720 €.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:23:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Used Sigs can be had for less than $600, have commonly available mags and tons of aftermarket support. I'm interested in these pistols, but they would have to be outstanding to compete in that market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not arguing but show me where I can get a used Sig 226 or 229 rail gun for less than $600. Like I said, if this pistol could be had for around $600 I would consider it. Until then I will pay a little more for a used Sig.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:40:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Not arguing but show me where I can get a used Sig 226 or 229 rail gun for less than $600. Like I said, if this pistol could be had for around $600 I would consider it. Until then I will pay a little more for a used Sig.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't find a railed 22x at my usual place, but plenty of German made guns for $350-450.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:43:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CDNN and summit gun broker have  had them.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:57:33 AM EDT
[#25]
At $600 or over they can eff off. I bought a like new Sig E2 with SRT for $650, not paying anything near that for an import ripoff. Turks can bring in guns with hammer forged barrel NATO spec for $350, so there is that.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 8:59:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He doesn't have any railed sigs, that I could see. Great prices on some German guns though. Now is the time to graba classic 220...
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#27]
I believe it was Centerfire that had P229Rs (and I think P226Rs) for $399 within the last two weeks. They were DAK .40s though.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 8:56:11 AM EDT
[#28]
I guess by judging from the comments that no one noticed what i did.

The possibility of a threaded barrel model.

It is a long shot but, if you watch the video, toward the end when the  pistol is being packed away into its box, look at the box.
It is cut out for a model that has raised sights and a threaded barrel. They probably, to save money  have all of the pistol
boxes cut to the largest  form factor to save money, but still, why would they do that and not have plans to release a  threaded
barrel model in the future.

Also according to their site they will be offering all three models in: 9mm luger(9x19), 9x21, 40 S&W, and 7.65 browning(32 acp)

I want at least one full sized in 9mm and one compact. Lets hope they take Sig mags and barrels.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 7:18:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Polenar has a new video on the Rex Zero 1

Full30 video
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#30]
I'll stick with my P229
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:33:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Info from TFB 2016 Shot Show coverage.

AREX Rex Zero One

Interested in if the mags are proprietary, or uses a commonly available mag.

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 8:13:56 AM EDT
[#32]
I'd imagine it'll use a modified 92 mag just like the CZ999 does.  Just drlll a new catch hole and you are GTG
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 4:32:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Due to the manual safety, can these be carried in Condition 1?
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. I just got done watching a video from shot show where the rep specifically talks about that.
http://youtu.be/V6tPRz3edGs
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 10:32:16 PM EDT
[#35]
I like
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 11:40:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yep. I just got done watching a video from shot show where the rep specifically talks about that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's nice. I like the dual function slide stop / decocker lever.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 5:06:07 PM EDT
[#37]
AKOU interviewed the Arsenal/FIME rep and he said the mags are proprietary but will sell for $25 msrp.

Also they appear to be available now.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#38]
So only one place is selling them, and it's close to $650 with shipping. NOOOOO THANK YOU.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:48:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So only one place is selling them, and it's close to $650 with shipping. NOOOOO THANK YOU.
View Quote

What place is that?

I contacted the FIME Group and they said to contact MSR Distributors. Nothing but crickets from them. My dealer said they couldn't find anything.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:55:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Still $300 cheaper than a 226 so while its $650 that not an crazy price.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:41:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is when you consider it is a copy of a $330 Zastava EZ9 with a manual safety added
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:35:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What place is that?

I contacted the FIME Group and they said to contact MSR Distributors. Nothing but crickets from them. My dealer said they couldn't find anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What place is that?

Prepper Gun Shop.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It is when you consider it is a copy of a $330 Zastava EZ9 with a manual safety added
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Rex Zero 1 may be another variation on the Sig theme but its clear its no copy of the EZ9. The Rex Zero 1 looks like a much better design.
Maybe the EZ9/CZ999 is only worth $330 since it looks like a lot cheaper pistol, and like it was made in China.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Prepper Gun Shop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What place is that?

Prepper Gun Shop.

Yea I saw that last night. Plus I noticed that Prepper Gun Shop added $100 to the stated msrp of $599 so it sounds like a shady operation that gins up the price of the pistol to make what they want it for (the standard msrp) look good.

BTW Kvar lists it for $599. I have my dealer looking into what they can get it for.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:58:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The Rex Zero 1 may be another variation on the Sig theme but its clear its no copy of the EZ9. The Rex Zero 1 looks like a much better design.
Maybe the EZ9/CZ999 is only worth $330 since it looks like a lot cheaper pistol, and like it was made in China.
View Quote

Obviously you've never fondled one in person

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s3.photobucket.com/user/DCopp/media/guns%20and%20gun%20stuff/IMG_20140710_104339_595_zpsxevgnhl4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/DCopp/guns%20and%20gun%20stuff/IMG_20140710_104339_595_zpsxevgnhl4.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s3.photobucket.com/user/DCopp/media/guns%20and%20gun%20stuff/IMG_20140710_104149_757_zpsc0r28t6w.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/DCopp/guns%20and%20gun%20stuff/IMG_20140710_104149_757_zpsc0r28t6w.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s3.photobucket.com/user/DCopp/media/guns%20and%20gun%20stuff/IMG_20140505_180159_011_zps0lei59uj.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/DCopp/guns%20and%20gun%20stuff/IMG_20140505_180159_011_zps0lei59uj.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s3.photobucket.com/user/DCopp/media/guns%20and%20gun%20stuff/IMG_20140426_124413_701_zpszr01b8wk.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/DCopp/guns%20and%20gun%20stuff/IMG_20140426_124413_701_zpszr01b8wk.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s3.photobucket.com/user/DCopp/media/guns%20and%20gun%20stuff/IMG_20140710_104339_595_zpsxevgnhl4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/DCopp/guns%20and%20gun%20stuff/IMG_20140710_104339_595_zpsxevgnhl4.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s3.photobucket.com/user/DCopp/media/guns%20and%20gun%20stuff/IMG_20140710_104149_757_zpsc0r28t6w.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/DCopp/guns%20and%20gun%20stuff/IMG_20140710_104149_757_zpsc0r28t6w.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s3.photobucket.com/user/DCopp/media/guns%20and%20gun%20stuff/IMG_20140505_180159_011_zps0lei59uj.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/DCopp/guns%20and%20gun%20stuff/IMG_20140505_180159_011_zps0lei59uj.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s3.photobucket.com/user/DCopp/media/guns%20and%20gun%20stuff/IMG_20140426_124413_701_zpszr01b8wk.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/DCopp/guns%20and%20gun%20stuff/IMG_20140426_124413_701_zpszr01b8wk.jpg</a>

Yup. The EZ9 is definitely quality made. Nothing Chinese feeling about them. I like mine. Only thing I changed was the recoil spring to a SIG P220 one, as I felt the stock one was too soft.. The SIG 220 spring drops right in.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 3:06:02 PM EDT
[#47]
and the gun itself drops right into Sig P220 holsters too
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:43:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I haven't but from what I see I don't think I'd pay $399 for it, if someone would convince me to even think of one.

But don't take all that personally. Glad you like yours and that it goes bang for you all on the UP.

But the jury is still out on what the real street price will be on the Rex Zero 1.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 8:48:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

No I haven't but from what I see I don't think I'd pay $399 for it,
View Quote

I've never seen them sell for that high.  When I bought mine, it was $299.  Not sure about now.  I sold mine and bought a Sig P229 for $349 from CDNN
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Nice 229. But it looks used and a police trade-in. I'm not interested in used/trade-in guns.

I've been intrigued by Sigs but haven't gone with them since they didn't have some features I like.

But the Rex Zero 1S does so that's why I'm going to check one out.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top