Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2003 5:38:07 AM EDT
Just recieved a Kahr PM40.Small, compact and in 40s&w.Iam sure this is going to be interesting to shoot,but I will have a smile.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:46:03 PM EDT
I just checked their website. No sign of it there.
Are ya joshin' us on this ? I've been waiting for the PM40 for awhile now. Where's that range report !?
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:40:08 PM EDT
Sorry I did not reply sooner.I have a PM40.Same as the PM9 but in 40SW.I have been to the range and have put about 250 rounds through it. It is not as bad on recoil as I thought it would be.I have been using 165 federal hydra shok,180 umc ,and 180 bonded golden sabre. Groups are outstanding for such a small pistol.Small clusters and I went out to 25 and slow shot 6 into the head.Did not measure,not into that stuff. The hard part is getting used to the size of the pistol. It is reliable if I can keep my thumb from hitting the slide stop.It is shorter than my 342 and just as tall and seems thiner.This is replacing the 342 for backup/offduty.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 1:16:29 AM EDT
Thank you Kahr! I kept hoping for a PM9-sized .40 from Kahr to keep ammo issues simple, but I didn't realize they'd already come out with it until now. So short, so thin, so light . . . as long as some personal testing proves that it's reliable enough it may end up replacing my S&W 442 as my backup to my backup gun.

A little creative guessing with the URLs on Kahr's website and I lucked upon the page for the PM40 (www.kahr.com/pistols_PM4043.html). I guess they created the webpage but just haven't gotten around to updating the main site to link to it.

Now if I could just figure out where the money for it is going to come from, maybe I'll pretend I'm back in college and live off Ramen Noodles for a few months or maybe . . .
Page Handguns » Kahr
Top Top