Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 9:51:39 AM EDT
Anybody else had problems with their PM9 kind of "sticking" when going into battery on the first round.  With the slide locked back, I'll insert a fresh mag and pull back on the slide and it just kind of hangs there.  I'll then pull back again and it'll go into battery.  It looks like the round is getting hung up on the feed ramp.  I guess I could get that polished up.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:31:29 AM EDT
[#1]
You should only use the slide release to chamber a round from the mag. Kahr includes a little warning sheet stating this in the original paperwork.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:46:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You should only use the slide release to chamber a round from the mag. Kahr includes a little warning sheet stating this in the original paperwork.

Huh -- I'll have to try that.  What's the "warning" for?  Will it break anything to use the sling shot method?  I use the sling shot method on all my other pistols.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:24:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:39:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh -- I'll have to try that.  What's the "warning" for?  Will it break anything to use the sling shot method?  I use the sling shot method on all my other pistols.

It won't damage the pistol, but it does cause the problems you are having.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:29:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It won't damage the pistol, but it does cause the problems you are having.

I was just eyeballing that very situation today during the extended firing of my PM9. After I cleaned the pistol, I worked the action - and discovered that the operating rod assy does not stick straight out from the slide when the slide is retracted. There is an interference fit there, and the edge of the retainer on the end of the rod is beveled to "bush" the slide into place. I think yanking back on the slide exacerbates this problem, (probably owing to the fact that you are putting a downward-load on the slide assy whaen you are hauling back on it with your hand that doesn't exist when a cartidge drives the slide rearward), and when you couple it with the inferior factory polish on the ramp, you get a hangup.

Use the slide release, like the other poster said. I was taught never to use the slide release, now I have to re-educate myself to the Kahr line of thinking.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:54:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yep, that was it.  I took it to the range today and fired 100 rounds through it.  I used the slide stop every time and had absolutely no problems.  Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I found that if you chamber the first round without a full mag (6) it will chamber with no problem. I put 4 or 5 rnds in the mag and let her rip, then add the rest of the rnds. I now have over 2000 rnds thru it with not one malfunction.

Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top