Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2016 9:27:20 PM EDT
My local dealer has just marked down a really nice K40 to $365. He said that the reason for doing so is that .40's are really selling these days and a compact .40's aren't really selling at all.
I really like the way it felt especially being an all steel gun. Can any one tell me about the K40.... pros and cons ? I'm really thinking about buying It tomorrow and would just like to get some opinions on it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:07:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Well considering that it is priced at about half of original retail, and assuming it is in very good shape, I would jump on that deal. But I am a big time Kahr fan, and have many of them. Currently own a CM 9 and a CW 45. As many have observed the 40 cal, in general, can be a little snappy. But the weight of the K frame should offset that somewhat. The only 40 I ever owned was a S & W 4013 back in the 90's. It was a really great pistol but I wanted a Savge 99 so I sold it.
I think that you will be hard pressed to find as good a deal as this. Go for it and let us know how it turns out.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:42:04 AM EDT
[#2]
The condition of the gun  I would say is 90-95%! I've had a CW 9 in the past and enjoyed that but always wanted one of their steel guns. I think I just might jump on that deal like you suggested. I was really surprised when I saw it marked so low, but like I previously mentioned, they are having a hard time selling used/small 40 cal guns and are slashing the prices on them. I'll post pics after I pick her up tomorrow!
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:21:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The Kahr K40 was my very first dedicated concealed carry gun. Bought one back in '99, 2000? Never had a malfunction with it, including my very first reloads. Over the years I've owned seven or eight different Kahrs and have been pleased with all of them. I'd jump on it for that price, IF you're a .40 person.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a nickel (this was before stainless Kahrs) K40 sometime around 1997 or 1998.  I used it as an on-duty backup gun for several years. I was pleased, never had a malfunction and it was surprisingly easy to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:34:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I currently shoot glock 40 and curious to know what to expect in regards to recoil in such Pistol?
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top