Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/16/2001 3:08:51 AM EDT
I am stuck between buying one or the other. Becuse of price I was leaning toward the kimber but have recently heard bad things. Discolored slide around ejection port, finish flaking off and meprolight inserts coming out. The Springfield is about $250 more but at this point seems worth it. Can anyone think of a reason to go with one or the other? Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 6:46:56 AM EDT
Sheriff,

I just bought the Trophy Match. I am sure it is the same gun as the TRP but with different sights. I am impressed with mine through about 300 rounds. I haven't read to many negative reports on the TRP other than some of Springfield guns need a little work with sight alignment. I also have a V-10 and a ss 9mm and none have had to go back to the shop yet.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 8:44:37 AM EDT
I own a mil-spec SA Govt that I've had tweaked & wouldn't sell if I had to. Having said that, the Kimber will be the more accurate gun right-out-of-the-box. Why? Because SA is the ONLY mfgr (AFAIK) that STILL uses a two-piece barrel. You can buy them in Brownells for $65 or so, hardly a ringing endorsement. Quality replacement barrels go for $125 & up so we can all do the math. Or get the TRP & have a Wilson barrel dropped in by a competent gunsmith? My .o2
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 7:42:09 AM EDT
I have two basic Kimbers. Cheaper ones. I like both of them. Having said that. I compared a Springfield Stainless TRP and a Kimber Stainless Gold Match. At that price and out of only those two, I would have chosen the TRP. The gun seemed to be put together better. Slide to frame fit, beavertail wiggle, etc. All the stuff an amateur can check. I would have had to get rid of the magwell since I carry concealed.
Top Top