Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2003 12:17:05 PM EDT
put $100 down on a xd 9mm today.  it was $419 and after tax and the $8 for the background check it's 450.  hopefully i'll get it paid off soon i can start blasting away again.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:21:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#2]
i was thinking about the one in .40 but the store that has that one is $20 more expensive.  i can't carry in WI, so it'll be a shooter more than a defensive pistol for me.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:49:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't get over the fact that slapping the Springfield name on it nearly doubled the price from the ole HS2000...
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#4]
original price on an HS2k was about where it is now. Intrac (or intratec, always mix them up) AKA HS america did a poor job of marketing, so their solution was to cut the price down to where it sold for about $269.

IM metals had stipulated that the price had to increase anyway. If HS america had kept the distribution contract, they would have had to increase the price just like springfield did.

I don't mind the price increase. I'd rather be able to buy a $400 XD than not be able to buy a $269 HS2k.

Plus the extra money IM metals is making helped bring about the XD9 subcompact and the future XD45.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top