Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2003 4:32:45 PM EDT
[This is also posted at 1911forum.com in the Springfield section]

So now i'm on the second phase of my mil-spec mods.

In the first phase I replaced the Hammer, Sear, Beavertail grip safety, and Trigger.
The parts are as follows: (if I remember correctly)
1) STI Hammer
2) SVI Sear
3) King's Drop-In Beavertail Grip Safety
4) Videcki Trigger

Many here have asked about the Kings Drop-In Beavertail Grip Safety so I have tried to take better pictures so anyone interested can see.

Here is a view from the rear:

The Top-Rear:

Here is a view with the barrel pointing toward the ground and the mag-well toward the camera/viewer:

For the second phase, i've replaced the barrel with a Bar-Sto Barrel and the bushing with a Briley spherical bushing. I am also getting Novak Night-Sights NOTE: what you see in the pictures are just temporary sights, not the final result

Here is a side view of my mil-spec as it is for the moment:

Here is the temporary front sight:

Here is the temporary rear sight:

After these modifications are complete I will try to finalize any further modifications I may want, which require maching, as I may have it refinished.

I think I will probably have it refinished in Rogard (c).

Any questions?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:03:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like it's coming along quite nicely. How do you like the Videcki trigger and have you measured the pull weight? Did you do all the mods yourself or have a gunsmith do it? Are you considering checkering the frontstrap or using grip tape or a drop-in Wilson checkered frontstrap?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:13:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Big_Bear,

I like the Videcki trigger alot. Initially I installed the hammer, sear and beavertail but had my gunsmith check everything and do a trigger job to it.

The only thing that he found he had to do to get everything to fit properly was to make a slight relief cut on the beavertail, as the hammer was rubbing against it slightly.

The trigger pull is somewhere around 3.25-3.5 lbs and is rather nice!

[BTW I plan to get a Trophy Match later and have the trigger dropped to 2.0 lbs]

I am think about having the frame recontoured like the newer Springfields (and the Colts) but i'm still thinking about it. If I do this I will have it checkered and I may even go with a flat mainspring housing.

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:27:44 PM EDT
[#3]
"Classic Plus". Nice pistol!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top