Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 6:41:55 PM EDT
I'm looking at getting a Springfield Loaded Black Stainless 1911 and wondered if it can be had (ordered) with a compensator? I assume it can? Has anyone ever gotten one this way and about how much will it cost? TIA

Stang
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:03:28 PM EDT
check out the drop-in comp kits at www.clarkcustomguns.com
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:32:41 PM EDT
With the slower speed of the .45acp, I'm not sure how much help you're gonna get with a comp?? Usually, the comp works best with the fast calibers/loads.

Not to mention, a holster may be a bit of a pain to find to fit?

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:54:00 PM EDT
I've onwned quite a few .45 comps over the years. The best one I had was one built by Chuck Rogers, though I've owned a nice Ed Brown and a nice Heinie built comp. All had fairly light recoil. All recoiled like a Hi-Power in 9mm. I've also owned one Springfield factory comp gun. It also was a light recoiling gun.

Bob is absolutely right that comps work much better with higher pressure rounds. However, comps are effective in a .45. I guess the problem is that they have some drwabacks for a self defense gun, and as a competition gun, one should opt for one of those higher pressure, lighter recoiling rounds. A .45 comp is practically obsolete, though I definitely have a soft spot for them.
Top Top