Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2006 6:41:55 PM EDT
I'm looking at getting a Springfield Loaded Black Stainless 1911 and wondered if it can be had (ordered) with a compensator? I assume it can? Has anyone ever gotten one this way and about how much will it cost? TIA

Stang
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#1]
check out the drop-in comp kits at www.clarkcustomguns.com
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:32:41 PM EDT
[#2]
With the slower speed of the .45acp, I'm not sure how much help you're gonna get with a comp?? Usually, the comp works best with the fast calibers/loads.

Not to mention, a holster may be a bit of a pain to find to fit?

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I've onwned quite a few .45 comps over the years.  The best one I had was one built by Chuck Rogers, though I've owned a nice Ed Brown and a nice Heinie built comp.  All had fairly light recoil.  All recoiled like a Hi-Power in 9mm.  I've also owned one Springfield factory comp gun.  It also was a light recoiling gun.  

Bob is absolutely right that comps work much better with higher pressure rounds.  However, comps are effective in a .45.  I guess the problem is that they have some drwabacks for a self defense gun, and as a competition gun, one should opt for one of those higher pressure, lighter recoiling rounds.  A .45 comp is practically obsolete, though I definitely have a soft spot for them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top