Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/8/2006 2:58:46 PM EDT
My hands might just be huge, but the thumb on my left hand rubs on the takedown lever. I usually put the thumb along the slide, but its kinda blocked. And if I fire a round like that it causes discomfort on the thumb.

As a result I have to change my grip up a bit when I shoot the XD. Any way to fix this?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:11:23 AM EDT
Isn't it obvious? Lop off the thumb.

I guess you either need to adjust the position of your thumb or find a firearm that better fits your big mitts. I don't think there's anything you can do to the XD per se.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:21:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By USPC40:
Isn't it obvious? Lop off the thumb.

I guess you either need to adjust the position of your thumb or find a firearm that better fits your big mitts. I don't think there's anything you can do to the XD per se.

Yeah, its not really a huge issue. I was just wondering if it was the same for anyone else or if my hands are just huge. I've already adjusted to a new comfortable grip.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:26:52 AM EDT
I have small hands and I noticed the same thing. Not really a big deal, though. I just move the thumb a little. The 45 acp is a huge improvement over the Glock 21 and I will make my adjustments without too much complaining.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:08:00 PM EDT
I dunno, I just got my XD-45acp today and put 50 rounds through it. The take down lever didn't seem to bother me any, and my hands are extremely large.

Scout
Top Top