Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 11:18:38 AM EDT
so after shooting 100+ rounds out of my xd40 yesterday (first pistol, i'm new to this whole scene) i love the thing, but my thumbs are a little sore today.  i searched around a little on the forums but i didn't see anything about this: where's a good loader for the stock mags?

also - keeping a low-moderate (<= $150 i guess?) price in mind, what are some decent lasers or light/laser combos available?  i'm just a recreational shooter so i don't need anything amazing, but i also would rather spend a little more for something that works better & looks cooler than buying the cheapest, yet still functional, thing available.

any input is appreciated, thanks a lot guys

matt
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Streamlight M6 Tactical Laser Illuminator Weapon Light that I paid around $255.00 for it and love it.  This is the real thing it's reliable, holds its laser aim, and has a bright light.  My suggestion is that you hold off and save another $125.00 and buy this.  You won't regret it.  I have it on my XD9 4" and is my go to home defense hand gun.  You can see it here, this is the usual price for this, but allot of placees have it even higher.
www.opticsplanet.net/streamlight-m6-tactical-laser-illuminator.html
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:11:35 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys - gonna probably order a superthumb to help prolong calluses.. heh.

that light looks sweet... maybe i will see where i am this summer when i have another job and just get a light such as the one you're recommending.  are there any other recommendations?  i really would prefer to spend less...

obviously a combo light/laser is optimal & also more pricey, but for target practice, are many lasers effective/consistent for the xd40?

thanks again!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#4]

obviously a combo light/laser is optimal & also more pricey, but for target practice, are many lasers effective/consistent for the xd40?

A laser will show you where the barrel is pointing but so will the sights.

I see them come into the range all the time. On Saturday, there was a fella with a new Walther and a muy tacticool modular laser/light that was built to fit his gun.

He was shooting for a long time and he did actually hit the target once in a while. It was a big target.

A laser is not a substitute for trigger control. If you can consistently shoot tight and accurate groups, a laser may be a sighting aid. If you can't shoot with iron sights, you won't do any better with a laser.

i also would rather spend a little more for something that works better & looks cooler than buying the cheapest, yet still functional, thing available.

If it's just sort of a style thing, I guess it wouldn't matter.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:30:22 PM EDT
[#5]
i understand where u're coming from with the aiming deal.  after just a couple hundred rounds (and this is my first pistol) i've noticed a significant increase in how well i shoot.  i guess i kinda want a laser as just a cool accessory, but when i'm using it, it'd be cool if i was hitting close to it, or else it won't really look that cool. haha.  might just wait & get the previously suggested light/laser combo.

thanks for the feedback guys.

matt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top