Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 5:07:09 PM EDT
I just ordered a Springfield Inc Stainless Milspec ($539.99)

This one is going to be lightly cutomized with the ILS deactivated, Kings Grip safety, CMC slotted hammer, Wolf & Ed Brown springs, Ed Brown hex head grip screws and Kimber rubber grips.

I am willing to consider other driop in bevertails if anyone has a Brownells part number since Brownells has dropped the Kings #204 from inventory.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Wilson Combat makes a drop-in that worked fine for me, I just didnt like the common long tail of the beavers so I ground it off.
Mine's at the bottom of this page.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=34&t=23917
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:58:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Just me but mil-specs should be blued or parked.
Have fun with the new toy though
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay, picked this one up today.

Ended up going a slightly different rout with the mods than expected.

I deactivated the ILS of course.

Took the rough edges off the safety and slide stop.

The pluger tube spring was too long and stiff making reassebly difficut when installing the slide stop.  so I put in a Wolff spring with a couple coils cut off. Problem solved.

I couldnt find a stainless Kings grip safety, so i fitted a Smith & Alexander instead. Use a hand file and the fitting Jig Brownells sells. Only took about an hour.  I considered the "drop in" Wilson Combat but they leave a huge gap. Much worse than the drop in Kings.

I bobbed the stock hammer rather than swap out a "commander" hammer.

Eventually it will get a new recoil spring and FP spring (Wolff) and rubber Kimber grips as the hard plastic Springfield grips suck!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:30:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top