Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2017 6:38:26 PM EDT
So....  I've been using my XD45 Tactical as my Home Defense gun with an Inforce APL on it.  It seems to shoot pretty well when I do shoot it.  It's kind of big and clunky but probably not much more than any other big double stack 45.  Anyways....  lets just call it a poor mans Mk23.  

But I like this gun.  Especially when I step up to 9 yards and shoot a 1 holer.  That group in the orange circle, that was the XD 45 at 9 yards.  I can't garrauntee every round went in there, and obviously there is no proof, but I'm pretty sure they did.  The rest are my 442 and a G23 at 9 & 12 yards.  

Seems like the more I shoot it, the better I do.  I think the light helps me a little bit.   Probably tames recoil some.  

Heck it's not even a bad looking gun with the FDE.  But I do think the newer versions are a bit more svelte......

Anybody know if anyone ever made holster for this thing with a light?  I have a springy cheapy holster but obviously for just the gun.  

Link Posted: 8/30/2017 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Those things are highly underrated.  I had a 5" XD I should have kept, and still have a 4" I like a lot, but it really does not carry well.
The best part of the gun for me is the grip, and also the worst part for ccw.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:34:27 AM EDT
[#2]
http://bluelineconcealment.com/light-bearing-holsters/springfield-armory-xd-45-tactical-5-barrel/
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 8:34:58 AM EDT
[#3]
picked up a 4" XD45, shot it well, put in the SUV door pocket and bought a XDmCompact 45

It carries much easier with the 9 round mag and it actually concealable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top