Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/3/2017 1:56:41 PM EDT
Would you?  I have written them several times to suggest this.  Today I decided I would call.

Just curious if anybody would buy an XD 10mm product?

**also has anybody else ever written them with an XD 10mm suggestion?**
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Well what did they say,I would buy one in a heartbeat 
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well what did they say,I would buy one in a heartbeat 
View Quote
"Thank you, we have had a lot of interest, I will send this to the proper channels."
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 5:19:28 PM EDT
[#3]
That's crazy. Why would you want anything more powerful than a 9mm?

Group buy when they release them? Just sayin
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's crazy. Why would you want anything more powerful than a 9mm?

Group buy when they release them? Just sayin
View Quote
10mm is the best mm.  

All together now...."10mm is the best mm"

It puts the lotion on its skin....
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Heck yea! It might give my G20 a run for the money.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 3:08:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I absolutely would buy one, whether it was in the original XD  or Mod 2 configuration. They made some XDs for a while in 357 SIG and 45 GAP so why not in 10mm?
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 12:34:58 PM EDT
[#7]
As a big XD guy, I'd be all over one! I'd love something in 10mm but none of the current options out there do it for me...
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:03:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As a big XD guy, I'd be all over one! I'd love something in 10mm but none of the current options out there do it for me...
View Quote

I got a G20.  My only Glock.  Their ergonomics aren't suited for me.  I keep it because 10mm is the best mm. 
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 4:47:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I was hoping they would have years ago, got tired of waiting. When Sig came out with the P220 in 10mm I had to finally jump on the 10mm bandwagon.

But a XDM in 10 would be a welcome addition.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was hoping they would have years ago, got tired of waiting. When Sig came out with the P220 in 10mm I had to finally jump on the 10mm bandwagon.

But a XDM in 10 would be a welcome addition.
View Quote

Wouldnt it though!!!

I would so FO on one!!!

*i chose the glock for 15+1 double stack.  Not to mention I bought it before the Sig model. 
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:14:11 AM EDT
[#11]
XDm Yes.
XD no.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 4:26:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I would buy in a heartbeat, would love some XD Mod.2 10mm goodness
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 4:44:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
XDm Yes.
XD no.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I guess it's my own fault.  In my mind XD covers all the products. My guess would be they would put that out in XDM. 
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 1:51:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
XDm Yes.
XD no.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 11:57:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Mechtech is making their carbine conversion units for XDs... if the pistol comes out in 10mm, then maybe an XD CCU in 10mm would follow (parity with Colt and Glock CCUs).

10mm carbines are amazingly fun; common magazine with chosen handgun makes it more fun.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:45:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
XDm Yes.
XD no.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:49:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Who needs 10mm when 45 Super already exists?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:58:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Nope.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:28:25 PM EDT
[#20]
On one side, the idea of a non-glock polymer 10mm from a major company makes me smile.

On the other side is that annoying, badly slotted grip safety right where the wallop of a 10mm will make itself known to me.

I'm torn.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not very mainstream, even though it exists.  We all like different things.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
On one side, the idea of a non-glock polymer 10mm from a major company makes me smile.

On the other side is that annoying, badly slotted grip safety right where the wallop of a 10mm will make itself known to me.

I'm torn.
View Quote
Another one of those we all like different things.  But I do not get the irritation with the grip safety.  I do not notice it.  Not one bit.  I, for the life of me, cannot figure out what other people notice or don't like about it.  I have above average hand size, maybe that is why I don't notice it.  

Just wish I knew.  I got a buddy who has much smaller hands than myself and he doesn't complain about it.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#23]
I agree.  I wish all my striker guns had a grip safety.  Safe handling is the number one preventative of ADs, but sometimes shit happens and you might as well have an extra safety feature, one that I don't even notice, in place whenever possible.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Well not after this.  By springfield. 

Springfield sucks link
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:54:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Springfield Armory is dead to me.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Been looking forward to an XD 10mm for several years.  Will get one when/if it becomes available.  It will be very practical in my AOPS.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Been looking forward to an XD 10mm for several years.  Will get one when/if it becomes available.
View Quote
To each their own, I won't do anymore business with Springfield until they get their act together and get rid of Reese!

Your money spend how and with who you like.  

Traitors gotta make a living too, just ask Springfield.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:44:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well not after this.  By springfield. 

Springfield sucks link
View Quote
Yep.  A great idea if someone else builds it.

There are no more Springfields in my foreseeable future.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:01:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
To each their own, I won't do anymore business with Springfield until they get their act together and get rid of Reese!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Been looking forward to an XD 10mm for several years.  Will get one when/if it becomes available.

IL has been a lost cause for decades because of Chicago.  The folks in IL need to get a handle on the Chicago situation but I doubt that will ever happen. That bill was going through with or without RRA and SA doing what they felt they had to considering the business environment their facing.

And there are other firearms manufacturers that operate out of states that restrict the 2nd Amendment. So add them to the list.

And you folks have Austin with all the crap that goes on there.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:06:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

IL has been a lost cause for decades because of Chicago.  The folks in IL need to get a handle on the Chicago situation but be I doubt that will ever happen. That bill was going through with or without RRA and SA doing what they felt they had to considering the business environment their facing.

And there are other firearms manufacturers that operate out of states that restrict the 2nd Amendment. So add them to the list.

View Quote
CSB, your money.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:10:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
CSB, your money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IL has been a lost cause for decades because of Chicago.  The folks in IL need to get a handle on the Chicago situation but be I doubt that will ever happen. That bill was going through with or without RRA and SA doing what they felt they had to considering the business environment their facing.

CSB, your money.
TRB
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#32]
If they make a xdm 5.25 competition 10mm, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Hopefully, they do their research, so they don't end up like Glocks having FTF's with hot ammo, as the slide outruns the mag springs.  You can double up on mag springs, but you lose 2 rounds capacity.

If they make a 5.25 with a solid slide instead of the cutouts and beef up the mags springs, it should be able to run nuclear loads fine.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If they make a xdm 5.25 competition 10mm, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Hopefully, they do their research, so they don't end up like Glocks having FTF's with hot ammo, as the slide outruns the mag springs.  You can double up on mag springs, but you lose 2 rounds capacity.

If they make a 5.25 with a solid slide instead of the cutouts and beef up the mags springs, it should be able to run nuclear loads fine.
View Quote
At this point I hope the go bankrupt.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 7:17:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
What did they do that I missed?
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 8:05:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They got caught with backhanded support of a bill in illinios that would limit Illinois gun owners to 9 transfers a year.  And state license for gun dealers, while exempting themselves from it.  Thread is GD. 
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#36]
https://www.springfield-armory.com/xdm-10mm-features

And there it is....too bad they sold Illinois gun owners out.  My Glock 10mm's have been pretty good.  Just had to learn them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

And there it is....too bad they sold Illinois gun owners out.  My Glock 10mm's have been pretty good.  Just had to learn them.
View Quote
SA didn't sell out Illinois gun owners. The law passed was against small dealers. SA protected their business by saying they were different.

I've had Glock 10mms for years but will be getting the new SA XDm 10mm
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 11:40:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
SA didn't sell out Illinois gun owners. The law passed was against small dealers. SA protected their business by saying they were different.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not here to debate it with you but you misunderstand what they did to the 2nd amendment.  Moving on, they were wrong.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 12:28:10 PM EDT
[#39]
I didn't misunderstand anything. And the state of Illinois diminished the 2nd Amendment rights of residents of IL not SA.

But you're entitled to you opinion.

Will be ordering a 10mm XDm 5.25 asap.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I didn't misunderstand anything. And the state of Illinois diminished the 2nd Amendment rights of residents of IL not SA.

But you're entitled to you opinion.

Will be ordering a 10mm XDm 5.25 asap.
View Quote
Enjoy it.  Now go read what SA did.  Pay for play.  If you don't see the issue with that then....
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 9:53:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not only is it not 'mainstream,' none of my four LGSs even stocks .45Super.

ALL of them stock a variety of 10mm ammo. Yeah, some of it's the watered-down stuff, but they also stock the manly-manly 'Sonny Crockett' flavors as well.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I agree.  I wish all my striker guns had a grip safety.  Safe handling is the number one preventative of ADs, but sometimes shit happens and you might as well have an extra safety feature, one that I don't even notice, in place whenever possible.
View Quote
It's not that I dislike the concept of a grip safety. It's the implementation they chose that I don't like. Then again, I'm not a huge fan of the Glock Not-A-Safety trigger safety either.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#43]
How long until we'll see them in the wild?
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 9:18:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
How long until we'll see them in the wild?
View Quote
This week, since several members has purchased them already.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 11:09:27 AM EDT
[#45]
I already have mine, Springfield distributors have them in stock and they have been shipping since 10/11/18.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 11:38:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They got caught with backhanded support of a bill in illinios that would limit Illinois gun owners to 9 transfers a year.  And state license for gun dealers, while exempting themselves from it.  Thread is GD. 
View Quote
Not exactly. SA and RRA paid a lobbying firm to work for gun rights and protect the firearm industry in Illinois. Because they both do business in a similar market segment, they agreed that the lobbying firm should operate independently to avoid any conflict of interest between the two companies. Lobbyist supported some bullshit law. SA fired lobbyist and advocated against the bullshit law. Snowflake gun owners still manage to be triggered about it. Some folks just prefer to be upset.

Oh, and I reviewed the pistol in question.

Finally! A 10mm Springfield XD
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 11:14:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Not exactly. SA and RRA paid a lobbying firm to work for gun rights and protect the firearm industry in Illinois. Because they both do business in a similar market segment, they agreed that the lobbying firm should operate independently to avoid any conflict of interest between the two companies. Lobbyist supported some bullshit law. SA fired lobbyist and advocated against the bullshit law. Snowflake gun owners still manage to be triggered about it. Some folks just prefer to be upset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEEQ5DWwePs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEEQ5DWwePs
If you insist on the sanitized version fine.  There is no way SA or RRA did not know what was happening or have a hand in it.  But you go ahead and "THINK" what you want.  It is a free country and no law against it.  But make no mistake that is the sanitized and naive version.

ETA: they had been previously made aware and it is proven they knew full well what was going on
ETA 2: Using the term "FIRM" loosely
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:15:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Yeah, some folks just prefer to be upset.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 10:02:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yeah, some folks just prefer to be upset.
View Quote
I agree some do.  That does not make what you are saying in this case valid.  You test all the SA guns you want.  I watched your video.  It appears you did not buy this gun, it appears they provided it.

You do a lot a good videos.  I watch most of them.  But we disagree here.  And you are talking to a former die hard SA fan.  I have read the evidence from multiple sides.  It pains me but Springfield and Rock River have no out here.  They are either coincidentally the 2 stupidest companies doing business on the planet or they knew and had a hand in what was going on.

If you are good with that carry on.  Keep testing their free guns, and buy all of them you want.  Your right MURICA.

But don't call me or imply that I am a snowflake or a person who PREFERS to be upset.

There are valid reasons to strike them off my list, that gives me great pain, I own several XD's.  I will keep shooting them because I already own them and I have really like them(reliability and ergonomics).  But I choose that SA and Rock River will not make any more money off me.  It appears they may not be making much money off you either if you're testing samples they send you, I don't know your situation though.

Good luck with your video, but maybe quit with your one size fits all accusations?
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 11:09:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I agree some do.  That does not make what you are saying in this case valid.  You test all the SA guns you want.  I watched your video.  It appears you did not buy this gun, it appears they provided it.

You do a lot a good videos.  I watch most of them.  But we disagree here.  And you are talking to a former die hard SA fan.  I have read the evidence from multiple sides.  It pains me but Springfield and Rock River have no out here.  They are either coincidentally the 2 stupidest companies doing business on the planet or they knew and had a hand in what was going on.

If you are good with that carry on.  Keep testing their free guns, and buy all of them you want.  Your right MURICA.

But don't call me or imply that I am a snowflake or a person who PREFERS to be upset.

There are valid reasons to strike them off my list, that gives me great pain, I own several XD's.  I will keep shooting them because I already own them and I have really like them(reliability and ergonomics).  But I choose that SA and Rock River will not make any more money off me.  It appears they may not be making much money off you either if you're testing samples they send you, I don't know your situation though.

Good luck with your video, but maybe quit with your one size fits all accusations?
View Quote
They did provide the test gun. Most folks who review firearms receive test guns at no cost on loan. The guns go back if you don't purchase them. Some people who have a lot more disposable income than I do are able to purchase every gun they review. But they can't produce a review of a gun to coincide with the official release that way. I might purchase the pistol that SA sent. It has several things going for it that I like, but I'll probably pass. If I had more play money, I'd buy it just to add another 10mm to the collection, but it really doesn't do anything better than my G20SF. Feels a little smaller, has a little longer sight radius, and has adjustable sights. If I was choosing between the two prior to purchasing in the first place, those features might make a difference. Don't get me wrong, I'd really like to be able to buy almost every new gun that comes along, especially in best millimeter. But I don't have a lot of money.

I owned a Springfield 1911A1, M1A, and XD45 before the ruckus. I haven't purchased anything since, but not because of the drama. I'm neither a fan nor a detractor. I'm rather ambivalent towards their products. But the way the gun world has reacted to the drama has been full autist. The lobbyist they put in charge of IFMA was fully responsible and he has been sacked. I understand why you're upset, but I wholeheartedly disagree. This isn't Ruger, S&W, or Glock advocating for mag restrictions and it isn't Troy Industries employing a murderous fucktard. SA and RRA did not take the actions they are accused of, they fired the responsible party, and they have advocated against the bad policy that he was supporting. I don't know what more they could do, honestly.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top