Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2002 10:30:13 AM EDT
Just got a Two-tone Ultra Compact V-10   at the gun show this weekend, and was wondering what you all thought of them?
Anyone have any problems with them?
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 11:36:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you shoud run {not walk}, I said run down to the range and put it through it's paces. Then come back and give us a range report..............W/Pics if possible
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are anywhere between Lorain and Cleveland, WE could break it in for you! All I have is an early, 90s edition, (like a mil spec, I think), with the parkerized finish. If yours shoots as well, you will be thrilled.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#3]
It shoots great and I will try and post pics here in a couple of days.  I am now getting the wilson ambidextrous safety for it.

The 1911  bug has bit me,  I bought a 1991 Colt a few months ago then this Springfield.  I am thinking about another Springfield maybe the milspec 1911
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 2:48:17 AM EDT
[#4]
The "1911 bug" stays with you for life. Now that I am older, I can't count how many I have had. So the kids wear old clothes. And I found they all had their own personalities, (the guns, not so much the kids).
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 4:15:28 AM EDT
[#6]
174spd, did you by chance pick that up at Bill Goodmans gun and knife show, I was looking at one there and came within an inch of buying it. I am currently saving my pennies for the next show, I have to have one let me know how much you love it and maybe we can get together and fling lead. really, I am going to get one. I like the weight and the look and I anticipate the passing of Ohio's CCW soon. I think the V-10 would be an excellant carry gun.

Link Posted: 6/3/2002 12:21:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Speaking of 1911 bug, I was bitten in 1992. I owned/carried a Beretta M9 and Taurus PT99.  Bought a Springfield Armory M1911 as a play gun.  Soon my 9mm's just sat around.  My Ruger GP100 started collecting dust, my SP101...havent shot her in about 6 months.  My Sig P220 .45  well, it doesnt shoot nearly as well as my SA.  Glocks, pleeeze...had a model 22 and refuse to carry one ever again.  If I could only own 1 firearm period it would be my M1911.  Even the AR's arent as beloved !!  I would not hesitate to purchase more M1911's if you get one that doesnt run right, everyone and their brother can make it work.  I'd love the compact V10 myself, although I'm a firm believer that 9 should be plenty!
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 5:29:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The "1911 bug" stays with you for life. Now that I am older, I can't count how many I have had. So the kids wear old clothes. hey

YEAH!!!!

You tell those kids when they get older, if they don't like it, they can buy THEIR OWN!!!! 1911's that is hesclothes wear out but 1911's don't!!!

What would you rather have something that last a lifetime or some fickle fabric that you constantly have to replace!

I thought so!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top