Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2002 11:32:23 PM EDT
Well,

this forum doesn't seem to busy so I thought i'd add a little traffic....

O.K. How many of you have mil-specs? Do you plan to upgrade it or are you happy with it as it is?

I was pretty happy with mine but wanted a better trigger and I am now in the process of making several modifications. I figured since i'm putting money/work into it why not make it into the best practical shooter that I can.

When I saw practical I mean it has to both shoot well and be reliable too. I believe this is possible and I don't think every bell and whistle is necessary.

Here is a picture of mine so far:
(My list of mods follows)
http://lewistechnogroup.com/guns/Springfield1911web.jpg

This is what i've done so far:
Trigger job, approx. 3 1/4 - 3 1/2 lbs.
Videcki Speed trigger
SVI (S7 grade steel) hammer
STI (S7 grade steel) sear
Kings Gunworks Drop-in grip Safety

In the future I plan to add the following:
MMC Sights
Kart Barrel
Briley Spherical Bushing
Wilson Full Length One-Piece Guide Rod
Black-T or Rogard Finish
New Grips [Not sure which ones yet]
Allen/Hex Head Flush Fitting Grip Screws
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow that turned out well.  How is the fit on the drop in beaver tail?
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#2]
The fit is very good but you might have to do a slight bit of filing to it where the beaver tail and hammer meet, thats all.

I had the trigger job done by my gunsmith and he double checked things. He is the one who noticed the slight rubbing of the beaver tail and hammer. he just machined a slight bit off of the beaver tail. I believe a file would suffice as well.

I hope to finish this up fairly soon but right now i'm putting any extra income toward some purchases.

I just got a HK USP45f, I'd like to get a Springfield Trophy Match, USP40f stainless and a Colt Python.

I hope this is all possible (i'm burnin' up some cash here) I stratch it out a bit. I heard rumors that California's new laws were going to be a problem but that may not be the case from what i'm reading.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 10:44:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I just finished  putting the Springfield lightweight adjustable trigger in my 1911A1 Springfield  -milspec.  Had some trouble with the two-piece guide rod.  Posting to these forums helped me get it done.  If I knew how to post the pic - I would.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 11:33:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
.....  If I knew how to post the pic - I would.

This may help:
lewistechnogroup.com/pic_post_help.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top