Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/6/2003 10:45:51 PM EDT
I want to eventually buy a revolver (S&W or Taurus) in .45 acp (maybe 2 actually) to have as a bed gun, and maybe one in the car permanently. Not as sexy as a semi auto but it'll fire even if it goes click the 1st time. Anyways, I would want a light on a gun that I might pull when something goes bump in the night. How would one do that? Is there anyway available to mount a light on there? Either a M3 or one of those new Surefire X200's (I have one coming for my TLE/RL).

I know I can just use a light in one hand and the various tactical advantages of not having it on my gun and I always keep a Surefire near anyways but I want one on my gun so I can have both light and gun in one hand while I have to manipulate doors and such. (That sure is a long sentence) Anyways I'm sorry about my rambling but anyone have any ideas better than taping it onto the barrel?

Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:24:52 AM EDT
bump
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:56:36 PM EDT
I've seen a small light that clamped to the trigger guard, that'd probably fit, but it makes it nearly impossible to fit the revolver into a holster.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:57:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Slacker:
I've seen a small light that clamped to the trigger guard, that'd probably fit, but it makes it nearly impossible to fit the revolver into a holster.

Holster doesn't matter in this case. Where did you find the light? Do you have a website?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:18:34 AM EDT
Try Cheaper than Dirt and ADCO.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:44:54 PM EDT
It may look kinda tacky, but you could possibly screw a weaver stlye base onto the bottom of the grips, depending on what kind of grips you have. Then you can buy any of the flashights that attach to a weaver style rail.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:00:34 PM EDT
True. I'd really prefer something under the barrel though. I wonder how hard something like this would be to machine.
Top Top