Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/30/2003 4:41:04 AM EDT
Anyone know if they make one of these for the Ruger SP101? If so, do you know the model #?

Their website doesn't list one, but I'm wondering if one of the ones shown will work.

Safariland
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:59:39 PM EDT
I don't think so, all the ones listed are for six shot revolvers. I had a SP-101, and had a HKS speedloader for it (#36A?), but it bound up on the grips. I would recommend a Bianchi speed strip. If you are not farmiliar with the speed strip, it is a rubber strip that holds 6 cartriges in line. You put 2 rounds in the cylinder at a time, and peel the strip away. With practice, they work pretty well, plus they carry well in a pocket. I think they are like $6 for two strips. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:28:27 AM EDT
I have speed strips for my S&W, the Safariland was for a coworker's Ruger. I guess I'll have to get him some speed strips, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:30:52 PM EDT

I have a comp 1 - the smallest size/knob. I can't find this model on the link, but on the top of the loader is the following - in one section it has J.F.S. In another part it has CH7.

I would presume the J.F.S. is "J frame Smith"; so the model I'm guessing is the CH7.

This works in my SP101 just fine. It will fit if you have the original style grip on the revolver (it has a cut out that allows the speedloader to clear the grip, althought there is not alot of leeway when the speedloader/cartridges are engaged into the cylinder)

I know a guy who is so lucky that he drove into Vegas in a 20,000 dollar car, and rode out in a 150,000 dollar...

Greyhound bus.
Top Top