Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 12:36:35 PM EDT
I was looking to get another revolver and I want to know if anyone owns or has experience with this revolver?
I like the look of it and I am considering one of these for my collection. I 've never owned any gun that was ported.  I think since this is so light in weight that the porting will help control recoil abit.
I am definetely going to shot .38Sp. +P HP rnds. through it.
 Opinions , please!!!

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 2" titanium .38, and in my humble opinion ...................

ANYBODY WHO WOULD EVER PULL THE TRIGGER ON A SMALL TITANIUM .357 IS F-ING CRAZY!

I also had (emphasis on the word HAD) a titanium .44 special, and after 10 rounds (2 cylinderfuls) the web of my strong hand was split and bleeding.  The little .38 that I carry kicks  violently with the 135 gr. Gold Dot +P HPs that I carry and shoot in it and there is absolutely no way that I would ever shoot a .357 that size.  With regard to the porting, that might help muzzle rise but I bet it would have a negligible effect on recoil.  It would definitely make it a lot louder and would also blind you more in a night firing situation.  That big ball-o-fire would be directed right up in front of your face.

I don't consider myself a pistol wuss either.  I shot IPSC for almost 14 years and have been shooting pistols for over 30 years.  Maybe if you have a high pain tolerence?

Good luck and I hope you do well, whatever your final choice is.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

ANYBODY WHO WOULD EVER PULL THE TRIGGER ON A SMALL TITANIUM .357 IS F-ING CRAZY!

I ain't gonna disagree with you but ya gotta admit the rush is killer!
That being said I wouldn't be adverse to carrying such a pistol. I always say I plan to do a hell of a lot more carrying than shooting.

ETA; some folk would agree with ya Rocketman, I am a bit loony.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I also had (emphasis on the word HAD) a titanium .44 special, and after 10 rounds (2 cylinderfuls) the web of my strong hand was split and bleeding.  The little .38 that I carry kicks  violently with the 135 gr. Gold Dot +P HPs that I carry and shoot in it and there is absolutely no way that I would ever shoot a .357 that size.  With regard to the porting, that might help muzzle rise but I bet it would have a negligible effect on recoil.  It would definitely make it a lot louder and would also blind you more in a night firing situation.  That big ball-o-fire would be directed right up in front of your face.

I don't consider myself a pistol wuss either.  I shot IPSC for almost 14 years and have been shooting pistols for over 30 years.  Maybe if you have a high pain tolerence?

Let me add that I am considering the 4in barrel model "COMPENSATED" with the purpose of shooting .38SP +P HP rounds as a camp gun. I want the lighter weight (24.3 oz) for wearing on my hip around the camp site.  I think the comp version with four in. barrel would be very tolerable.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of these.  It is the Tracker model.  4" barrel that is ported.  recoil is not bad with the porting.  less than other .357's you can really feel the porting work.  Without porting I belive this would be an unpleasant gun.  I like it.  Very light next to my 4" 686.  Over all I am very happy with this gun.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:04:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I carried my friends traker 4" into the woods cuz it was lighter than my M19 and held one more round.  It was night time and I encountered some white-tailed terrorist.  
The porting on those pistols is blinding so the next six shots did litle good.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:43:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I pretty much agree with what others have said. I daily carry a S&W 642-1 (alloy 38 5 shot snubby) and don't much want to shoot anything lighter/more powerfull. I can justify the added expense of the common alloy gun but the price of the TI and scandium guns are out of my range.
That being said, different folks have different uses for a gun and pick them bassed upon different  thoughts about what is importaint to you.
I shoot my 642 only marginally well compared to my 686 snubby which I shoot very well. There is such a difference that if I think I might need a gun I will grab the 686 instead of the 642. Invest some money on a good belt and holster and the weight issue is somewhat moderated.
Are there any rental ranges around where you might be able to rent a similar ti gun? No use tieing up a pile of cash in a gun that you might find you can't shoot worth a darn!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I too have a S&W Al/Ti  L-frame 296 44spl and a J-frame 342PD, either one of them is handful to shoot even with my watered-down handloads.  The SS versions of these guns 696 and 640 are way more pleasant to shoot, but I think Al/Ti/Sc-type guns are meant to be carried more and shot less in the real world.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:45:52 PM EDT
[#9]
carry alot use only as needed.id shoot a few rounds threw to gage her recoil then from there on its a carry gun to be used in life threatning situations only.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top