Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2005 4:32:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I am like you, do not like the SL.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:18:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Me, too.

I refuse to buy or own one.  If you want to own a REAL S&W, go to www.smith-wessonforum.com and put a WTB post up on Classifieds.

HH
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:44:11 PM EDT
[#3]
At that price, I would have bought it with TWO safety locks on it!  
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#4]
SL's piss me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:32:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Not having handled a newer S&W revolver latly: how does the safty lock work?  Can it be defeated or worked arround by replacing with older parts?

I have 2 of the original 625's (1989 model) and love them.  2 guns that I will never sell.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:04:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I am a life long fan of S&W revolver (particularly the N frames) however, I will personally never buy any of the new S&W's unless they lose the damn lock

Good news is there are still plenty of good older guns out there.  Next on the acquisition list is a model 610.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:13:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Personally, I'd never buy a post-lock for any type of defensive shooting.  I have a HK with an internal lock, but it has never been reported to lock in a bad time, hell, most people probably dont even know where it is.  That said, I don't really know why the damn lock had to be part of the gun, when you could just use a trigger/cable lock to do the same thing, and most importantly <rant> NOT BE PART OF THE FUNCTION OF THE GUN! </rant>
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I especially loved it when i could not figure out why the trigger on my S.A. 1911 sucked.  After talking to some guys in the 1911 forum, found out that with the super nice internal locking system came a ridiculous mainspring...  Great move guys... .  I'll be seeing the remains of that lock in the trash in no time.  The only handgun I own with an integrated lock and look how well it worked out.

I just bought a NIB 686 a couple months ago that was just old enough to be pre-lock.

Gundraw
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top