Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:05:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:07:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  Still have the picture?I still have the revolver.

The longer barrel one would presumably not have the problem with the end of the barrel as I assume that was done in AZ. But it's still a crude pot metal gun. I'd rather have a RIA .38 than a bat with a nail in it I guess. I'd rather have an ancient, beat up S&W than a new RIA

I mean the made in Philippines one.RIA may also import some kind of eastern european .38
View Quote

Yeah, their other line even has a 9x19mm, made in Czechia, IIRC.

I thought your bbl was turned nonconcentric to the bore, and the US import chop to 2" just showed how bad that issue was.  RIA owes you a new bbl fitted, have you ever contacted them?  Yours either spits lead or doesn't shoot to the sights, or both, the bore is at an angle to the frame or offset from the chamber.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 12:40:36 AM EDT
[#3]

I want that for the garage or tackle box
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:59:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The newer ones seem to be better than yours.  Still have that pic?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  The action appears to be based off A Colt and is actually modified along lines of more modern colts. However it's pretty junky, I'd rather have a used beat up smith and Wesson

The newer ones seem to be better than yours.  Still have that pic?

When I compared the RIA M200 and Taurus 856 it was only about 6 months ago. The M200 was definitely rougher and had a very gritty trigger. As stated in my earlier reply, I tried several of each brand that my local shop had on hand. All of the M200s were the same with gritty actions. And that is why I spent a little more for the Taurus.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:38:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah, their other line even has a 9x19mm, made in Czechia, IIRC.

I thought your bbl was turned nonconcentric to the bore, and the US import chop to 2" just showed how bad that issue was.  RIA owes you a new bbl fitted, have you ever contacted them?  Yours either spits lead or doesn't shoot to the sights, or both, the bore is at an angle to the frame or offset from the chamber.
View Quote

Have one of the Czech 9mm revolvers.  Nice piece.  Not Smith or Colt nice, but nicer than some others.  Not $350 tho.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 11:12:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Easy choice. Charter Arms 38SPL.
$255 new, have money left over for shells.

https://dahlonegaarmory.com/product-search-results?search_text=Charter+arms#product_detail
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 11:22:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Used to be able to get old police trade in S&W model 10's for cheap, but I'm not sure if there's any deals left on those. Great revolvers for the price though.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Find an old S&W model 10. They are out there. Picked up a 10-5 with some wear today for $250 at the “tactical” LGS. Never thought I’d see one at that price again.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:12:42 PM EDT
[#10]
100 bucks more will get you a new J Frame no lock.

That being said I’m shocked to see so much Taurus love here, I would still look into that.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:19:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
here's my M10, gunbroker a few months ago for $385

https://i.imgur.com/onDmxaJ.jpg?1
View Quote

VERY nice!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top